Online Biblical Studies Bachelor’s Degree
Designed for students who want to expand their understanding of the Bible, the online Biblical Studies degree program cultivates personal and professional spiritual formation through in depth study of God’s Word. Crown College is committed to the authority and trustworthiness of God’s Word as we seek to study its meaning and apply it to the contexts in which we live and minister.
This program builds upon Crown’s Christian Studies Core so that transfer students can complete this degree by taking as few as 30 credits at Crown. It is also designed so that students can easily add it as a second major to programs such as the B.S. in Christian Ministry, B.S. in Business or B.S. in Psychology/Counseling. Students who have already completed an undergraduate degree, but want to pursue another undergraduate degree in Biblical Studies may want to consider this degree program or one of our graduate degree offerings.
Graduates of the online Biblical Studies program are prepared for effective teaching and disciple-making ministries in churches, youth and para-church ministries, and other faith-based education and nonprofit organizations. Through this degree program, graduates are also prepared to meet the licensing requirements for ministry in the Christian and Missionary Alliance. In addition, graduates of this program are prepared for graduate work in Bible, theology or practical ministry and may elect to continue on to pursue one of Crown’s graduate degrees including the Master of Divinity.
Faculty with credentials in academic excellence, and with significant ministry and mission experience, lead the courses in Crown’s dynamic online learning environment. The online Biblical Studies bachelor’s degree program is infused with Crown’s academic integrity and top-ranked by is reflected in top rankings by both MONEY Magazine and Christian Universities Online.
Crown’s easy-to-use online learning environment allows you the freedom and flexibility to complete coursework at your convenience. Tuition is priced competitively lower than at similar accredited institutions.
Learn More About Crown College
Biblical Studies Major (B.S.) Courses
- COM 1010 - Introduction to Communication 3 Credits
- COM - Communication Elective 3 Credits
- Communication, Humanities, Math, Science or Social Science Electives 9 Credits
- ENG 1510 - College Writing and Research 3 Credits
- ENG 1512 - Introduction to Literary Analysis 3 Credits
- Literature Elective 3 Credits
- MAT - Math Elective 3 Credits
- SCI - Science Elective 3 Credits
- Social Science Elective 3 Credits
- SOC 1510 - College Success Strategies 3 Credits 1,2
The major core includes the 18 credits of the Christian Studies core plus the following:
- BIB 3510 - Interpreting the Gospels 3 Credits
- BIB 4047 - Christ and the Gospels 3 Credits
- BIB 3520 - Interpreting the Bible 3 Credits
- BIB - Bible Elective 3 Credits
- CM 3520 - Spiritual Formation 3 Credits
- CM 3524 - Contextual & Missional Engagement 3 Credits
- ICS 3610 - Concepts of Global and Ethical Leadership 3 Credits
- THE 3536 - Theology of Evangelism and Missions 3 Credits
- 3000-4000 Level General Electives 9 Credits
A minimum of 36 credits must be at the upper (3000-4000) level for a bachelor degree.
* Some courses from the Christian Studies Core and Major Core can be used to fulfill requirements in the General Education Core. By doing that the number of electives needed would increase so that the minimum of 125 credits is reached.
1 Counts towards 3 credits of Social Science credits. Students who have successfully completed 60 credits with a GPA of at least a 2.0 may replace SOC 1510 with a Communication, Humanities, Math, Science or Social Science elective.
2 Click HERE to view options for Humanities and Social Science Electives.
Qualified students in the B.S. in Biblical Studies (BSBS) program may apply for an accelerated degree program to earn their Christian Studies (M.A.) (MACS) degree in one additional year instead of the typical two years. Students may also apply for an accelerated Master of Divinity (M.Div.) program. Click here for more detailed information regarding the acceptance process for these options.
Students who are accepted into the accelerated MACS program will substitute the following graduate level courses into the undergraduate degree to fulfill the BSBS requirements.
Undergraduate Course Graduate Course CM 3520 - Spiritual Formation MIN 6211 - Spiritual Formation for Leaders CM 3524 - Contextual & Missional Engagement MIN 5218 - Social & Cultural Foundations for Ministry THE 3524 - Systematic Theology II CST 5235 - Theology of Christ and the Church (fulfills CST 5223 in the MACS) 3000-4000 Elective CST 5224 - History of the Church 3000-4000 Elective CST 6212 - Hermeneutics & Theological Research 3000-4000 Elective CST 6218 - Biblical Theology
Click for more information about the Christian Studies (M.A.) program.
Students who are accepted into the accelerated M.Div. program will substitute the following graduate level courses into the undergraduate degree to fulfill the BSBS requirements.
Undergraduate Course Graduate Course BIB - Bible Elective BBL - Bible Elective BIB 4047 - Christ and the Gospels BBL 5310 - Jesus & Gospel Literature BIB 4710 - Interpreting Romans BBL 5225 - Paul and Romans CM 3520 - Spiritual Formation MIN 6211 - Spiritual Formation for Leaders CM 3524 - Contextual & Missional Engagement MIN 5218 - Social & Cultural Foundations for Ministry THE 3524 - Systematic Theology II CST 5235 - Theology of Christ and the Church (fulfills CST 5223 in the M.Div.) THE 3536 - Theology of Evangelism and Missions CST 5234 - Theology of Missions and Outreach 3000-4000 Elective CST 5224 - History of the Church 3000-4000 Elective CST 6212 - Hermeneutics & Theological Research 3000-4000 Elective CST 6216 - History & Theology of Christian Ministry Elective CST 6218 - Biblical Theology Elective MIN 5215 - Pastoral Counseling
Click for more information about the Master of Divinity (M.Div.) program.
To view these courses in our online catalog system, click here.
(This will open in a new browser window or tab.)
Crown’s regionally accredited online Biblical Studies major is designed to prepare leaders who can study and teach the word with confidence and effectiveness. Through our B. S. in Biblical Studies degree, students will be prepared to:
- Define one’s life mission and God-given destiny based on classic and contemporary understandings of Christian spirituality.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the history, themes, and content of the Biblical text.
- Utilize principles of hermeneutics to interpret and apply Scripture.
- Utilize Scriptural and Theological reasoning to articulate one’s position on a theological issue.
- Apply a theology and philosophy of missions and outreach to one’s personal and ministry context.
- Develop leadership strategies based on the ability to listen to and learn from others.
Double Major Option
The B.S. in Biblical Studies is designed so that students can build upon their Christian Studies Core courses from other bachelor’s degree programs in order to add a second major. B.S. in Christian Ministry: Students in this degree can add a second major in Biblical Studies by declaring the second major and adding the following courses:
- • BIB 3510 – Interpreting the Gospels (3 credits)
- • BIB 4047 – Christ and the Gospels* (3 credits)
- • BIB 3520 – Interpreting the Bible* (3 credits)
- • CM3520 – Spiritual Formation* (3 credits)
- • 300-400 level BIB Electives (3 credits)
Other B.S. Degrees: Students in other bachelor degree programs can add a second major in Biblical Studies by declaring the second major and taking the expanded Christian Studies Core plus four additional courses. In short, students will take six (6) courses in addition to the basic Christian Studies Core that are required in their B.S. degree in order to receive this second major.
Online (SOS) Tuition
Online Undergraduate 2020-2021 Costs
Tuition Per Credit $395* Application Fee $25 Technology Fee $140 per semester
*$475 per credit if not full-time (under 12 credits per semester)
Check Course Catalog for any additional fees related to your specific program.