holly mindrup j7RQSDAhpYI unsplash

Military Veterans

You served us. Now, let us serve you.

At Crown College, our motto is, “Called to Serve. Prepared to Lead.” Since Crown’s founding in Minnesota in 1916, the College has been equipping leaders to make an impact wherever they are called; the mission field, the marketplace or the military. If you are looking for a Yellow Ribbon school, take a moment to learn more about the benefits we offer our active duty and veteran students.

student looking into the distance private christian college

How Do I Transfer
To Crown College?

Crown promotes a military-friendly transfer policy by accepting military transcripts (JST and CCAF) and additional prior learning assessments (CLEP, AP, and DSST). When working through the enrollment process, be sure to have all your transcripts sent to Crown to maximize your previous learning.

We are transfer-friendly. That means that you get credit for more of your courses. Finish faster in a community where you will be known!

Transfer Student Process

After spending eight years in the U.S. Army as a Multi-Channel Satellite Communications Operator, Sgt. Breedlove became a pastor. He earned his B.S. in Christian Ministry in Crown’s online AGS program and immediately started pursuing his M.A. in Ministry Leadership.



“The online program worked very well with my lifestyle. I found the professors of the courses not only worked with me, but they also encouraged me to design my assignment projects around current real-world commitments. This meant that the theory learned in the classroom was being put to immediate practical use in my life and ministry.”

“(Crown) is a great program that is highly worth your time. And best of all, the coursework is 100% covered by the Post 9/11 GI Bill.”


Sgt. Jerry D. Breedlove, JR


Steps to Enroll

Our advisers are specifically trained to assist veterans through every step of the admissions process. If you have any questions – from transfer credits to GI Bill® coverage to financial aid – we are here to serve you.‘‘ GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.”


  • 1

    Crown College offers a wide range of degree options including traditional, on-campus programs at our main campus in St. Bonifacius, MN and online undergraduate and master-level degree programs available through our School of Online Studies or Graduate School.

  • 2

    Our streamlined applications take less than five minutes to complete.

    Apply today >

  • 3

    Crown accepts military transcripts (JST and CCAF) and additional prior learning assessments (CLEP, AP, and DSST). With a large number of elective credits available in the online bachelor’s programs, these transfer credits can often help fulfill the elective requirements. When working through the enrollment process, be sure to have all your transcripts sent to Crown to maximize your previous learning.

    Transcript Requests:

    On-Campus Programs – Official transcripts must be sent directly to Crown College from the college or post-secondary institution.

    Online Undergraduate and Graduate Programs – You may use the Transcript Request Form (pdf) or contact your institution directly.  Official transcripts must be sent directly to Crown College from the college or post-secondary institution.

  • 4

    As a veteran, you may be eligible for education benefits provided by the  U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (USDVA).    For traditional financial aid such as grants, loans, scholarships, etc., visit the Financial Aid Office at Crown College.

    Benefit Programs Available

    The links below provide application and eligibility information for veterans benefits. 

    Chapter 33 Post-9/11 GI Bill / Yellow Ribbon Program

    Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill – Active Duty

    Chapter 1606 Montgomery GI Bill – Selected Reserve

    Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment

    Chapter 35 (DEA) Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance program

    Tuition Assistance

    MN GI Bill



    Military Scholarship (online students only)

    This limited-fund scholarship is designed for Crown College School of Online Studies & Graduate School service member and veteran students receiving less than 100% funding to help cover the gap.


    Degree-seeking, registered service member/veteran (as indicated by an honorable discharge DD-214 or current military transcript). 

    Undergraduate cumulative Crown GPA of 2.0 or Graduate cumulative Crown GPA of 3.0 (previous college work considered for those first time Crown students).

    Half-time enrollment (6 credits UG; 3 credits Grad)

    How to Apply:

    First, complete the FAFSA; then simply complete the online Military Scholarship Application.


Military Veterans Scholarship


Enrollment Verification

Chapter 30 and Chapter 1606 benefit recipients must verify their enrollment each month before receiving payment. You may verify online using the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) or by calling the VA directly at:  1-877-823-2378.

Chapter 33 benefit recipients must also verify their enrollment monthly, but they need to do so via text message or by calling the Education Call Center (ECC) 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551).

Key Contact Information

The Crown College Registrar’s Office, the Director of Veterans, and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (USDVA) are resources to assist you through the certification process.  The Registrar’s Office can be contacted at 952-446-4450.  Crown’s Director of Veterans can be contacted at 952-446-4246.  The USDVA can be reached at 1-888-442-4551.

Career Services

Whether you continue your military service or move into a new career, Crown College Career Services offers resources to help you succeed on your journey. You’ll find tools to assist you with resumes, interviews, job banks, and military-specific opportunities.  Feel free to contact the Career Services office with any questions you may have.


a list of commonly asked questions:

Yes, we are a Yellow Ribbon school and funds are available for qualifying students whose tuition costs exceed the VA private school cap. Please contact the Registrar’s Office for details.

952-446-4450 >

Yes! Please click on the appropriate link to request your official military transcript to be sent to Crown:


Your eligibility is determined by the VA. You may apply online by going to the VA website at gibill.va.gov/apply-for-benefits/application or contact the VA by phone at 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551).

Yes! Enrolled School of Online Studies and Graduate School servicemembers can apply for our needs-based scholarship and a 15% tuition discount. Your application will be reviewed by our scholarship committee who will determine your eligibility.

School of Online Studies and Graduate School servicemembers using Federal Tuition Assistance will receive a scholarship to cover the tuition gap between what’s funded by TA and pell grant and what Crown charges.

School of Online Studies and Graduate School enrolled students who are spouses of veterans/servicemembers can apply for a 10% tuition discount.

Yes, the University of Minnesota hosts Crown College and other Twin Cities college students.  Interested students should contact Alberto (DJ) DeJesus, the Scholarship and Enrollment Officer, for more information.  He can be reached at 612-625-3062.


Financial Aid

We want to help make college affordable for you!

Discover Financial Aid

Schedule a Visit

What is it like to be a Crown Student? Find out.

Schedule Personal Visit

Chat with an Admission Counselor

Need a little extra guidance? Talk to a professional.