Work Study


The Federal Work-Study Program provides many on-campus jobs and some off-campus jobs for undergraduate students with financial needs, allowing them to earn money to help pay for educational expenses.

Eligibility for Work-Study

Students who qualify for Federal Work-Study have the opportunity to work and earn money through the Work-Study program. Job opportunities are awarded on the basis of need determined by the FAFSA. A student must complete the FAFSA to determine eligibility.

Work-Study is not treated the same as other forms of financial aid that are available for disbursement near the beginning of a semester. Work-Study awards are considered earning potential. Students must work their hours before receiving work-study wages. Students are paid monthly and may use their earnings for educational or personal expenses.

Benefits of Work-Study

  • Flexible and Convenient.
  • Work-Study income is not counted against you on the FAFSA.
  • During the academic year, FICA taxes are not withheld from your pay—aka, more money in your pocket!


There are many jobs available to students each year. The major areas of employment are Campus Store, library, athletics, faculty assistants, clerical, production team, receptionist, and admissions ambassadors.

Crown College on-campus job opportunities for students are currently posted on the Crown Connect App-Job Board and Crown Announcement emails.

Most students work 10 hours per week and are paid on a monthly basis.

Student workers will work with their job supervisor to create a work schedule that is designed to fit with their class schedule.

The wage varies and is dependent on skills, performance, and longevity. 

If a student did not file a FAFSA or they are not eligible for Work-Study funds, they may still be hired for some of the advertised jobs. All students can complete an application for the jobs they are interested in.

If an International Student is seeking to work while attending Crown, they should also apply for the advertised, on-campus jobs. All students can complete an application for the jobs they are interested in.

ALL STUDENT WORKERS: Please note that when a student is hired, they must provide employment documentation before they can start their job. This includes a completed W-4 tax form and the I-9 form. To complete the I-9 form you will also need to show identification, such as a Passport, Social Security Card, and/or Birth Certificate, etc. Please bring the originals, because copies of these documents are not accepted, according to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. If you have any questions about this, please contact our Human Resources department.

Use the Cost of Attendance Worksheet to calculate your estimated direct and indirect costs for the academic year.

Next Steps

Learn More

Explore the Campus

Start Your Application

Questions? Let’s Chat!

Select the program option you would like to receive more information about: