Crown Cornerstone Program
For nearly 100 years, Crown College has prepared tens of thousands of Christian leaders to serve and influence the world for Jesus Christ. As missionaries, pastors, teachers, nurses, coaches and business leaders, Crown graduates are changing lives, even whole communities, in every time zone across the globe. We invite you to become part of the Cornerstone Program and join a faithful community of alumni, friends and churches who support the mission of Crown College with financial gifts of $1,000 or more per calendar year.
As a member of the Cornerstone program, you will be kept informed of Crown College successes and progress through personal communication from Dr. Joel Wiggins, honored with special seating at Crown events, recognition in Crown publications and a special annual Cornerstone appreciation event.
- Individual Partner Program
How do I become a member?
Gifts of $1,000 or more during the calendar year will qualify you for annual membership in the Cornerstone Program. Your contribution may be made as a one-time or reoccurring monthly payment. To join the Cornerstone Program, please fill out a short form.
What about my spouse?
Both spouses are members of the Cornerstone Program when a household gives $1,000 or more within a calendar year.
What types of gifts count toward membership?
Unrestricted dollars are currently our greatest need. However, your contribution to a particular program, scholarship, or endowment, would also apply toward the Cornerstone Program. Gifts via check, credit card, or automatic withdrawals are all accepted. Transfer of stock or other appreciated securities are also welcome.
What if my employer will match my gift?
Your employer’s matching gift will be credited toward the $1,000 required for your membership. Corporations, small businesses, churches, organizations and foundations may also become part of the Cornerstone Program with direct gifts to Crown College.
Are there benefits for members of the Cornerstone program?
Yes! Members will receive news updates and messages from Crown College. They will also enjoy reserved seating at Crown College events and be invited to Cornerstone appreciation events. We will also recognize Cornerstone members in various college publications.
Who can I talk to if I have more questions?
Please call the Office of External Relations at 1-800-646-2586 or by email.
- CHURCH PARTNERS
CORNERSTONE CHURCH PROGRAM
The Cornerstone Church Program exists to strengthen the relationship between churches and Crown College as well as provide benefits for students from participating churches through Cornerstone scholarships. Cornerstone churches are encouraged to pray for the students, faculty, staff, and provide support through giving to the annual fund.
CORNERSTONE CHURCH POLICY
- Churches that give $1,000 or more to the Crown College Annual Fund shall be members of the Cornerstone Church Program. Cornerstone benefits include Cornerstone scholarships, member communications and events.
- Churches enroll by contributing an annual gift amount or by designating a percentage of the church budget to be sent to the College each year. The percentage option is based on the church’s general operating budget excluding funds for non-operational projects, such as missions and capital campaigns.
- All students from participating churches will receive a Cornerstone scholarship based on the giving commitment of their home church. Students will receive the optimum scholarship based on either the budget percentage or the annual contribution of the church.
FINANCIAL AID AWARD LEVEL ANNUAL CHURCH CONTRIBUTION ON-CAMPUS
ONLINE STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP MASTER’S PROGRAM SCHOLARSHIP 1 $1,000 $500 $250 $250 2 1% or $2,000 $1,000 $500 $500 3 2% or $5,000 $1,500 $750 $750 4 3% or $10,000+ $2,000 $1,000 $1,000
- Cornerstone scholarship eligibility is determined by the January to December giving in the year previous to the academic year in which a student is enrolled. For example, a church that gives in the previous year will determine the scholarship a student will receive for the upcoming academic year.
- Students must be enrolled full time, as defined by their program catalog, and meet the standard admission requirements to receive Cornerstone Scholarships. A student’s home church is defined as a church in which the student or student’s parents have been members for at least six months prior to the student’s enrollment at Crown College. Questions about defining a student’s “home church” will be resolved by External Relations and the Senior Pastor.
- Churches may continue to give scholarships to an individual student’s account, but only contributions to the Cornerstone Church Program qualify for Cornerstone membership.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE CORNERSTONE CHURCH PROGRAM?
Please contact the Crown College Office of External Relations at 1-800-646-2586 or firstname.lastname@example.org