Ready for Something New?

Maybe you’re looking for a change! Crown is a tight-knit community and transfer-friendly college that focuses on equipping you for your future. Transfer to Crown where you can be known in a community that focuses on Jesus.



international student sitting on steps transfer friendly colleges

You are not alone.

More than 20% of Crown students are out-of-state or Minnesota transfer students, just like you. We work hard to make sure every student feels at home. Find a new place that you can call home!

Discover Crown
  • 1

    Complete the Application for Admission

  • 2

    Complete the Spiritual Life Essay (included as part of the Application)

  • 3

    Request a high school transcript. (Unless you have completed more than 24 or more accredited college-level) credits

    Sent by email to:

  • 4

    Request transcripts from all colleges or post-secondary institutions you have attended.

    Sent by email to:

  • 5

    Crown College is test-optional.*


    If you do submit an ACT or SAT please use the following codes:
    ACT: 2152 SAT: 6639 


*Crown College no longer requires prospective students to take the ACT, SAT, or CLT, beginning with the Fall 2021 application.

We will continue to accept standardized tests. The results of the tests will be considered an additional data point in the student’s application for admission. We will maintain our holistic, thorough process that includes a review of the student’s academics, spiritual commitment, and extracurricular involvement.

Our hope is that this change will allow more students access to Crown’s Christ-centered, excellent academic education


Transfer tools


Curious how your courses will transfer to Crown College? Use our Transfer Evaluation System (TES) to find out!

Transfer Evaluation System




As a transfer student, we know that your primary concern is the transfer of credits. Crown uses Transferology by CollegeSource, a free tool, designed to simplify the process of transfer credits. Use Transferology to simplify the process!


  • Create an account at (It’s free!)
  • Enter the institution where you plan to take or have taken a course.
  • Enter the department name of the course and select the course you have taken or plan to take. The selected courses will appear to the right.
  • After you have entered all your courses, click the green “Search for Matches” button.
  • Please contact our admissions specialists at or 952-446-4142 for additional assistance
classroom discussion christian college degrees

Ready to Apply

Apply Now

Applying isn’t a leap of faith–it’s a leap into your faith and top-tier academics. Ready. Set. Start your application right here, online.

Apply Now


Articulation Agreements

Because so many of our students have transferred from other institutions, we understand this important decision you are about to make. We are an accredited college that will work with you to transfer your credits, get you the best possible financial aid and prepare you to serve and influence the world for Christ.

We want to do all that we can to meet the needs of our students. Crown College has articulation agreements with various accredited and unaccredited institutions to aid in the transfer of credits.

Grades of “C” or higher are required for undergraduate level courses. Some departments may require a higher grade in order for the course to apply toward degree requirements (e.g. Nursing). Additional information about program specific requirements can be found under the Academic Department and/or Program Requirement pages in this catalog. Grades of “B” or higher are required for graduate level courses. Contact the Registrar’s Office if you have questions regarding transfer credit.

Current articulation agreements are listed in the Crown College Catalog.

Want the details?

You will need to provide a transcript from all colleges or universities you previously attended. You may also send your high school transcript (Optional if you have more than 24 college credits).

Do you want someone to help? 

Contact our Transfer Specialist >

A cumulative 2.0 GPA from the previous college(s).

All academic courses, in which at least a C grade or its equivalent has been earned, may qualify for transfer (up to a maximum of 80-semester credits) if the institution has signed a cooperative agreement with Crown College. (Teacher Education and Nursing Programs require a grade of C+ for some courses.)

The maximum number of credits that may be transferred toward the specific major (or minor) core courses (e.g., the psychology core in the psychology major, etc.) is 50 percent. When a student has earned additional transfer credits in the major core curriculum, the Registrar in consultation with the Department Chair will specify which courses will be applied toward the Crown College major.

Transfer students must meet all departmental and general college requirements for the degree in the program for which they are enrolled.

Official transcripts for students with an intended major are evaluated on a course-by-course basis under the supervision of the Registrar. In most cases, students will receive a written evaluation prior to registration.

Download Christian Studies Core Requirements for Transfer Students Guide


Download Guide >


What is an accepted credit?

  • *PSEOCollege in the Schools, or other similar programs (if the courses/credit is transcribed by the college providing the course).  
  • **AP credits – Advanced Placement scores of 3 or higher
  • **IB credits – International Baccalaureate minimum scores High Level (HL) score of 4 or higher
  • **DSST (formerly Dantes) – Minimum score of 400 is needed.
  • **CLEP most require a score of 50 or higher – see catalog for specifics exams and required scores.  
  • *Minnesota General Education Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) – Completing the MnTC typically satisfies general education requirements
  • Associate of Arts or Associate of Science Degree   An A.A. or an AS degree from a national or regionally accredited institution typically satisfies general education requirements
  • **Military
  • Credits earned at the following per special agreements:   

– ACTS International Bible College

– Ambassador College of Bible & Ministry (formerly Teens for Christ)

– Association Free Lutheran Bible School (AFLBS)

– Alexandria Community and Technical College (agreement addresses Law Enforcement)

– Camp Forest Spring

– Capernwray School at His Hill

– Christian and Missionary Alliance Hmong District

– Christian and Missionary Alliance Ministerial Study Program

– Nicolet Bible Institute

– Reach Training Institute (Christian Ministry Online Degree only)

– Solid Rock School of Discipleship

– Village School of the Bible

– YWAM Lakeside Montana

*Note: A letter grade of C is required in order for courses to transfer. Some programs may require a higher grade (e.g. teacher education, nursing) for specific courses.

 **Note: Limit of 30 credits total for proficiency exam-based types credits.  See College Catalog for specific information.  

Future On-Campus Student

Visit Campus


Financial Aid

We want to help make college affordable for you!

Discover Financial Aid

Schedule a Visit

What is it like to be a Crown Student? Find out.

Schedule Personal Visit

Chat with an Admission Counselor

Need a little extra guidance? Talk to a professional.