Chapter 31

Vocational Rehabilitation + Employment

You may be eligible for these benefits if:

  • You served after September 16, 1940
  • You have a service-connected disability rated at least 20 percent disabling by the USDVA
  • You need vocational rehibilitation to overcome an employment handicap

Documentation Process

You must meet with a VA counselor the apply for Chapter 31 benefits. Once the VA counselor has determined your eligibility, a payment authorization will be sent to the certifying official at Crown. The College certifying official and the Student Billing office will process the paperwork required by the VA counselor.

Education Benefit Information

Benefits cover tuition and fees, books, supplies, equipment, and if needed, special services. Payments will be made directly to the College. Depending on your circumstances, you may also receive a monthly stipend to help with living expenses.