Chapter 1606

Montgomery GI Bill – Selected Reserve

You may be eligible for these benefits if:

  • You are a Reservist or National Guard member who signed a six-year obligation on or after July 1, 1985.
  • You completed initial active duty training
  • You are in good standing with your drilling Selected Reserve unit.

Documentation Process

Please complete and submit the appropriate forms below (originals or copies) to the Registrar’s Office at Crown College.

If you have never applied for benefits, complete:

  1. Application for VA Benefits (22-1990)
  2. Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE)
  3. Kicker Agreement (optional)
  4. Request for Enrollment Certification (PDF)

If you have previously used your benefits at a different institution or have not attended Crown for one year or longer, or are currently certified under Chapter 1606, submit:

  1. Change of Program or Place of Training (22-1995)
  2. Request for Enrollment Certification (PDF)

Education Benefit Information

You will receive a monthly stipend for personal use if you are a full-time student. Your benefit will be reduced proportionately for part-time enrollment. Visit the VA website for information on current rates.

The Department of Defense may make additional contributions, or kickers, on your behalf if you are an individual who served in a critical military field. Contact your unit to find out if you qualify for the kicker.

Your benefits must be used while actively drilling with a National Guard/Reserve unit. Once you leave the National Guard/Reserves, your education benefit ends.