Nonprofit Management Concentration:
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Business Leaders Doing Good
NEW – Complete your MBA in just 36 credits!
Enrolling before September? Students may work with their adviser to enroll in the streamlined program.
If your heart is leading you to use your business skills for good, then Crown’s accredited Nonprofit MBA is just for you! This unique Christ-centered, online program produces executives who thoroughly comprehend the complexities of leading and managing a nonprofit organization.
The Nonprofit Management Concentration integrates a Christian worldview, so students are uniquely positioned to grow professionally and lead others from a faith-based perspective. Our graduates are renowned for their ability to research from diverse perspectives, problem solve with high integrity, and frame alternative and ethical courses of action.
Our flexible, online program is designed especially for working professionals who need to balance career, college, and life.
- 100% online and courses can be completed in just 8 weeks!
- Recognized as one of the Best Online MBAs for 2019 by BestColleges.com
- Affordable tuition that is one of the most competitive in the Midwest
- Scholarships for military and qualified Strategic Partnership students
- Transfer Friendly – receive college credit for work experience, no GMAT or GRE required for admission
- Signature Experiences – enjoy practical learning experiences; real-world challenges, field interviews, service opportunities, case studies, online discussions, speakers, and more!
Learn More About Crown College
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) Courses
- GRD 5017 - Theoretical and Spiritual Foundations of Leadership 3 Credits
- MBA 5205 - Organizational Behavior in the Corporate Sector 3 Credits
- MBA 5206 - Strategic Planning in the Corporate Sector 3 Credits
- MBA 5210 - Managerial Accounting 3 Credits
- MBA 5211 - Applied Business Statistics 3 Credits
- MBA 5232 - Information Technology Management 3 Credits
- MBA 5233 - Organizational Development in the Corporate Sector 3 Credits
- MBA 6211 - Managerial Economics 3 Credits
- MBA 6290 - Strategic Management 3 Credits
Students must choose the General M.B.A. or the Non-Profit Management Concentration.
- MBA 5215 - Non-Profit Law 3 Credits
- MBA 6220 - Marketing for Nonprofits 3 Credits
- MBA 6222 - Leadership and Management for Nonprofits 3 Credits
- MBA 6224 - Financial Management for the Nonprofit 3 Credits
- MBA 6226 - Fundraising and Philanthropy 3 Credits
To view these courses in our online catalog system, click here.
(This will open in a new browser window or tab.)
Graduate School (GS) Tuition
Online Graduate 2020-2021 Costs
Tuition Per Credit (except MBA Program) $555 MBA Program Tuition Per Credit $575 Application Fee $25 Technology Fee $140 per semester
Check Course Catalog for any additional fees related to your specific program.
The FAQs provided below address many questions you might have regarding a Nonprofit Master of Business Administration degree from Crown College. Feel free to contact your admissions advisor directly for any additional questions you might have.
What areas are covered by the Nonprofit MBA program? Along with the broad business education included in our conventional MBA program, students in the non-profit concentration will take courses in fundraising, leadership, and marketing. The degree program is designed to prepare you for leadership, management, and stewardship in the context of a nonprofit organization.
What classes would this program include? A sample of the required electives for the core of a Non-profit Management concentration include:
- NonProfit Law
- Marketing for Nonprofits
- Fundraising and Philanthropy
- Leadership and Management for Nonprofits
The full list of courses can be on the degree program page.
How long does it take to complete the degree? Most students complete the program in 1.5 – 2 years
How often do I have to be on campus? The Nonprofit MBA degree is 100% online and has no requirement for you to travel to campus for any aspect of the program. Although it is a fully online degree program, you will have a dedicated advisor throughout the program who can assist with various departments. You will also have direct access to each of your instructors and will be able to reach them via phone or email. While not required, we do hope you will join us on-site for your graduation! We host several special events for our online students and their families at our main campus in St. Bonifacius, Minnesota the day before graduation. The actual commencement service is held on a Saturday.
What jobs can I get with this degree? A graduate of the MBA program with a Non-Profit Management concentration will have the skills and experience to excel in a wide variety of positions. Some examples might include:
- Marketing and Communications Director
- Church Business Administrator
- Executive Director
- Social Services Executive Director
- Senior Analyst or Strategist
- Nonprofit Consultant
Do I need to be already employed by a nonprofit organization in order to complete this program? No nonprofit experience is necessary to enroll in this program.
Can I transfer into the NonProfit Concentration program if I’m still working on my bachelor’s degree? While some life experience and work history (such as current or previous work) may be considered for credit, as a master-level professional degree, all students will be required to have a bachelor’s degree to be considered for the program and most students will be required to complete all courses included in the curriculum.
What types of organizations might this degree be used? The nonprofit MBA includes the core business curriculum of the traditional MBA which provides students the flexibility to pursue opportunities in either a for-profit or nonprofit organization. Nonprofit MBA graduates would be well-suited for key roles in social services, healthcare, ministry, education, animal-related, arts, environment, and a wide range of other nonprofit service organizations.
What do I need to pursue this degree? Those seeking a enroll in Crown’s nonprofit MBA will require a bachelor’s degree in any major and relevant career experience. Your admissions representative can help review your specific qualifications for admission.
Did you know? “The nonprofit sector employs 11.4 million people – that’s 10.3 percent of the American workforce!” according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. https://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2014/ted_20141021.htm