MASTER OF ARTS
Grow as a disciple. Go as a leader.
Mention ministry leadership and, usually, seminary comes to mind. Crown provides an excellent and practical alternative to the seminary experience: the online Christian Masters in Ministry Leadership. An advanced degree with an emphasis on practical leadership, the program prepares men and women for leadership positions in churches, missions, and other faith-based organizations. Our graduates also actively study and engage in a changing culture from a Christian perspective.
The online Master’s in Ministry Leadership empowers leaders with skills in researching one’s ministry context so that effective strategies can be developed and implemented. This preparation includes coursework related to key leadership competencies in the areas of spiritual formation, social and cultural analysis, theories of leadership, and the theology of work and leadership.
Anyone actively involved in leadership and ministry is a life-long learner. So our M.A. in Ministry Leadership includes research components that engage students in analyzing the ministry context in which they are working, and in enhancing their relevance in addressing the needs of the people they are leading. In this way, the program equips graduates to innovate and move their faith-based organizations into the future.
Why choose Ministry Leadership at Crown?
- Demonstrate a commitment to spiritual formation as a lifelong journey and correlate spiritual formation with ministry and leadership development.
- Analyze one’s personal and leadership decisions in light of the principles of effective stewardship, time-management, teamwork, and leadership initiative.
- Apply the theology of leadership and work to an area of ministry leadership practice.
- Employ sound hermeneutical and theological principles of Scripture and identify and assess unsound theologies and hermeneutical approaches in print, audio, and visual media.
- Create a strategy for facilitating spiritual formation in a particular ministry context.
- Analyze one’s social and cultural context in order to develop strategies for local ministry.
- Write an effective strategic plan.
- Recommend changes based on a communication audit.
Get more information.
Who is Crown College?
VIDEO Watch an overview of Crown College and our online program.
MINISTRY LEADERSHIP MAJOR
You've got a bright future ahead of you.
Limitless options. Extreme flexibility. Future-proofed career skills. Ministry Leadership majors have boundless opportunities.
M. Div. Program
Emphasis credits to fit your passion
Custom-built for your life.
We know you’re busy. Whether its family, work, or church, we created a program that fits with your priorities. Our online programs are flexible and designed for those working full-time, so you can do your coursework anywhere, anytime. Most coursework is due Thursday and Sunday by midnight, giving you the freedom to complete your coursework in your own schedule.
Grow your leadership skills. Learn how to coach others to make a difference in your ministry or workplace.