WE WANT TO KNOW YOU!
Meet the team
We exist because we want to help people find Crown College. We are devoted to helping make the process simple as you search for your new college home. Can we find time to talk and discuss your college goals? We would love to hear about your passions, your heart, and ultimately where you feel God is leading you.
Nice to meet you!
Maggie Unger Hess
DIRECTOR OF ONLINE ENROLLMENT
Master of Business Administration
Having served adult learners for two decades at various colleges in the Minnesota, and currently serving as the President of the Twin Cities Adult Education Alliance, I’m no stranger to the world of adult educational programming! Having received my Master of Business Administration degree as a full-time working adult also juggling family commitments, I am well suited to guide adult learners towards their goals of completing their Master degree. In addition to leading an amazing team of online admissions specialists not only in Minnesota but across the country, I also enjoy directly serving Master’s level adult learners in the areas of Business, Leadership, Counseling, and Exercise Science.
- Hometown: Milford, DE
- Current Town: Chaska, MN
- Family: My wife, Ann, and I have been married for 26 years and have 3 wonderful kids. Jackson is 19, a young man always up for a challenge. He just joined the Army. Caleb, our household comedian is a senior, but spends most of his time taking PSEO courses on Crown Online. Katelyn is my princess. She’s 15 and a high school freshman who keeps me on my toes! We love having daddy and daughter date night. We have a Golden Doodle named Hershey for her chocolate color.
- Hobbies: I love anything having to do with the outdoors. Some of my favorite activities are fly fishing for Muskies, doing crazy long Boundary Waters trips, hiking chunks of the Superior Hiking Trail on the North Shore and pheasant hunting. I also love reading, having deep conversations with close friends and making wreaths during the Winter holidays.
- Favorite thing about Crown: The integration of life and learning in a biblical worldview. Crown does an awesome job of connecting theology into the trenches of everyday life. A top-notch integrated education. Also, love walking the perimeter of their beautiful campus on spring days while talking to my prospective students!
- Before Coming to Crown: I worked as a Spiritual Formation Pastor in a multi-staff church in Wisconsin. Prior to that, I worked as an Assistant Director at a First-Year Discipleship Program located in northwestern Wisconsin and also taught High School Social Studies.
- Hometown: New Brighton, MN
- Current Town: Buffalo, MN
- Family: My husband, Mark, and I have been married for 27 years and have 2 amazing daughters. Shianne is 23 and is a nurse at the Mayo clinic. Taniah Is 21 and is currently in dental school in Arizona. We also have 2 fur babies, a Boston Terrier named Vinny and a Boxer named Coop.
- Hobbies: I LOVE to travel! We have visited many awesome places over the years. Alaska was probably the most amazing place we have ever been to! We love a good road trip to and have traveled the country this way several times. However, my favorite way to travel is cruising. It’s a great way to unplug from the daily grind and to visit places that you might not have otherwise traveled to.
- Favorite thing about Crown: My favorite thing about Crown is our faith-based learning. I have earned both my bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Crown and having a faith-base to every class has been such a blessing and a great way to stay connected to my faith while earning my Degree.
- Before Coming to Crown: I worked in higher education for about 4 years prior to coming to Crown in 2013.
- Hometown: Atlanta, Ga.
- Current town: Johns Creek suburb of Atalanta
- Family: Two great sons Nathan E7/CPO in the Navy, engaged to Danielle. Zachariah, a Youth Pastor and contractor. He is married to Annaka, who is also a Crown graduate.
- Hobbies: Cooking and spending time with family and friends. Hiking, fishing, and just about anything outdoors
- Favorite thing about Crown: The People. I have never worked with a group that serves each other so well.
- Before Coming to Crown: Business and Sales
- Hometown: Omaha, NE
- Current town: Omaha, NE
- Family: My wife, Leah, and I met in high school and have been married for 3 years.
- Hobbies: Reading, hiking, biking, and traveling
- Favorite thing about Crown: My favorite thing about Crown is their commitment to helping students apply what they learn to everyday life and ministry.
- Before Coming to Crown: My wife and I both worked as Church Planting Residents at a church plant in Omaha.