Online General and Liberal Studies Degree
Wherever you are in the process of earning a bachelor’s degree, Crown’s personalized, Christian online General and Liberal Studies degree program will get you there. It’s an accredited, online degree designed to fit you.
Transfer students are welcome to apply their existing credits, regardless of academic discipline, toward a degree plan that works for them. Juniors and seniors wishing to change their major without starting over can complete their studies at Crown. Freshman unsure about an area of concentration can explore multiple disciplines, graduating with broad academic experience in the liberal arts.
Our online General and Liberal Studies bachelor’s degree requires a portfolio project as a capstone course, through which you explore the ways in which your Christian-focused education can help you achieve your career goals. Each student tailors the portfolio to his or her own objectives and outcomes.
Tuition is priced competitively lower than similar accredited institutions and 98 percent of Crown’s students received student loans, scholarships or financial aid.
“A degree in General/Liberal Studies from Crown tells the world you’ve mastered the core outcomes of a college bachelor’s degree, and developed skills essential to professional success and lifelong learning.” -Dr. Fawn McCracken, Associate Dean of the School of Online Studies and Graduate School
General/Liberal Studies Major (B.S.) Courses
- ICS 3610 - Concepts of Global and Ethical Leadership 3 Credits *
- THE 3701 - Apologetics and Christian Evidences 3 Credits *
- BIB 1511 - Survey of Biblical Literature 3 Credits *
- BIB 1520 - History of the Old Testament 3 Credits
- BIB 1522 - History of the New Testament 3 Credits
- BIB 3510 - Interpreting the Gospels 3 Credits
- BIB 4710 - Interpreting Romans 3 Credits
- THE 3520 - Foundations of Christian Thought 3 Credits *
- THE 3522 - Systematic Theology I 3 Credits
- THE 3524 - Systematic Theology II 3 Credits
- COM 1515 - Introduction to Public Communication 3 Credits
- ENG 1510 - College Writing and Research 3 Credits
- ENG 1512 - Introduction to Literary Analysis 3 Credits
- FAR - Fine Arts Elective 3 Credits 2
- Global Awareness Elective 3 Credits 2*
- HIS - History Elective 3 Credits
- Humanities Elective 3 Credits 2*
- MAT - Math Elective 3 Credits
- SCI - Lab Science Elective 4 Credits
- SOC 1510 - College Success Strategies 3 Credits 1,2
- HUM 4800 - Senior Portfolio 3 Credits *
- 300-400 Level General Electives 30 Credits
1 Counts towards 3 credits of Social Science credits. Students who have successfully completed 60 credits with a GPA of at least a 2.0 may replace SOC 1510 with another Social Science elective.
2 Click HERE to view options for Social Science, Humanities, Global Awareness, and Fine Arts Electives.
* Some courses from the Christian Studies Core and Major Core can be used to fulfill requirements in the General Education Core. By doing that the number of electives needed would increase so that the minimum of 125 credits is reached.
To view these courses in our online catalog system, click here.
(This will open in a new browser window or tab.)
Online (SOS) Tuition
Online Undergraduate 2018-2019 Costs
Tuition Per Credit $450 Application Fee $25 Technology Fee $130 per semester
Online Undergraduate 2017-2018 Costs
Tuition Per Credit $445 Application Fee $25 Technology Fee $125 per semester
Check Course Catalog for any additional fees related to your specific program.