Online General and Liberal Studies Degree
Wherever you are in the process of earning a bachelor’s degree, Crown’s personalized, Christian online General and Liberal Studies degree program will get you there. It’s an accredited, online degree designed to fit you.
Transfer students are welcome to apply their existing credits, regardless of academic discipline, toward a degree plan that works for them. Juniors and seniors wishing to change their major without starting over can complete their studies at Crown. Freshman unsure about an area of concentration can explore multiple disciplines, graduating with broad academic experience in the liberal arts.
Our online General and Liberal Studies bachelor’s degree requires a portfolio project as a capstone course, through which you explore the ways in which your Christian-focused education can help you achieve your career goals. Each student tailors the portfolio to his or her own objectives and outcomes.
Tuition is priced competitively lower than similar accredited institutions and 98 percent of Crown’s students received student loans, scholarships or financial aid.
“A degree in General/Liberal Studies from Crown tells the world you’ve mastered the core outcomes of a college bachelor’s degree, and developed skills essential to professional success and lifelong learning.” -Dr. Fawn McCracken, Associate Dean of the School of Online Studies and Graduate School
Learn More About Crown College
General/Liberal Studies Major (B.S.) Courses
- ICS 3610 - Concepts of Global and Ethical Leadership 3 Credits *
- THE 3701 - Apologetics and Christian Evidences 3 Credits *
- BIB 1511 - Survey of Biblical Literature 3 Credits *
- BIB 1520 - History of the Old Testament 3 Credits
- BIB 1522 - History of the New Testament 3 Credits
- BIB 3510 - Interpreting the Gospels 3 Credits
- BIB 4710 - Interpreting Romans 3 Credits
- THE 3520 - Foundations of Christian Thought 3 Credits *
- THE 3522 - Systematic Theology I 3 Credits
- THE 3524 - Systematic Theology II 3 Credits
- COM 1010 - Introduction to Communication 3 Credits
- COM - Communication Elective 3 Credits
- Communication, Humanities, Math, Science or Social Science Electives 9 Credits
- ENG 1510 - College Writing and Research 3 Credits
- ENG 1512 - Introduction to Literary Analysis 3 Credits
- Literature Elective 3 Credits
- MAT - Math Elective 3 Credits
- SCI - Science Elective 3 Credits
- Social Science Elective 3 Credits
- SOC 1510 - College Success Strategies 3 Credits 1,2
- HUM 4800 - Senior Portfolio 3 Credits *
- 3000-4000 Level General Electives 30 Credits
A minimum of 36 credits must be at the upper (3000-4000) level for a bachelor degree.
* Some courses from the Christian Studies Core and Major Core can be used to fulfill requirements in the General Education Core. By doing that the number of electives needed would increase so that the minimum of 125 credits is reached.
1 Counts towards 3 credits of Social Science credits. Students who have successfully completed 60 credits with a GPA of at least a 2.0 may replace SOC 1510 with a Communication, Humanities, Math, Science or Social Science elective.
2 Click HERE to view options for Humanities and Social Science Electives.
To view these courses in our online catalog system, click here.
(This will open in a new browser window or tab.)
Online (SOS) Tuition
Online Undergraduate 2020-2021 Costs
Tuition Per Credit $395* Application Fee $25 Technology Fee $140 per semester
*$475 per credit if not full-time (under 12 credits per semester)
Check Course Catalog for any additional fees related to your specific program.