About Crown College
Online General Studies Associate Degree
Are you considering higher education? Returning to college with or without transfer credits? Undecided about an educational direction or major? Crown’s online General Studies associate degree program provides students with the flexibility to broaden or narrow their learning during their first two years of undergraduate education.
Transfer students are welcome to apply their existing credits to the program, regardless of academic discipline. Students unsure about an area of concentration can explore diverse topics in the liberal arts. Through the required Christian Studies courses, students analyze biblical sources to obtain truth and engage in Christ-centered critical thinking about the Scriptures and theological issues.
Crown’s Christian General Studies online associate degree fulfills foundational educational needs. The program also prepares students for transferring into any of Crown’s Christ-centered bachelor’s degree programs.
General Studies Major (A.A.) Courses
- BIB/CM/THE - Bible, Christian Ministry or Theology Elective 3 Credits
- ICS 3610 - Concepts of Global and Ethical Leadership 3 Credits *
- BIB 1511 - Survey of Biblical Literature 3 Credits *
- BIB 1520 - History of the Old Testament 3 Credits
- BIB 1522 - History of the New Testament 3 Credits 3
- BIB 3510 - Interpreting the Gospels 3 Credits
- BIB 4710 - Interpreting Romans 3 Credits
- THE 3520 - Foundations of Christian Thought 3 Credits *
- THE 3522 - Systematic Theology I 3 Credits
- THE 3524 - Systematic Theology II 3 Credits 3
- COM 1515 - Introduction to Public Communication 3 Credits
- ENG 1510 - College Writing and Research 3 Credits
- ENG 1512 - Introduction to Literary Analysis 3 Credits
- FAR - Fine Arts Elective 3 Credits 2
- Global Awareness Elective 3 Credits 2*
- HIS - History Elective 3 Credits
- Humanities Elective 3 Credits 2*
- MAT - Math Elective 3 Credits
- SCI - Lab Science Elective 4 Credits
- SOC 1510 - College Success Strategies 3 Credits 1,2
- Humanities Electives 6 Credits 2
- Social Science Electives 3 Credits 2
- MAT/SCI Elective 1 Credits
If students take 18 or 21 credits in the Christian Studies core, the extra credits can be applied towards general electives. Otherwise, consult with an academic advisor for elective options.
1 Counts towards 3 credits of Social Science credits. Students who have successfully completed 60 credits with a GPA of at least a 2.0 may replace SOC 1510 with another Social Science elective.
2 Click HERE to view options for Social Science, Humanities, Global Awareness, and Fine Arts Electives.
* Some courses from the Christian Studies Core and Major Core can be used to fulfill requirements in the General Education Core. By doing that the number of electives needed would increase so that the minimum of 60 credits is reached.
To view these courses in our online catalog system, click here.
(This will open in a new browser window or tab.)
Online (SOS) Tuition
Online Undergraduate 2018-2019 Costs
Tuition Per Credit $450 Application Fee $25 Technology Fee $130 per semester
Online Undergraduate 2017-2018 Costs
Tuition Per Credit $445 Application Fee $25 Technology Fee $125 per semester
Check Course Catalog for any additional fees related to your specific program.
About Crown College