Online General Studies Associate Degree
Are you considering higher education? Returning to college with or without transfer credits? Undecided about an educational direction or major? Crown’s online General Studies associate degree program provides students with the flexibility to broaden or narrow their learning during their first two years of undergraduate education.
Transfer students are welcome to apply their existing credits to the program, regardless of academic discipline. Students unsure about an area of concentration can explore diverse topics in the liberal arts. Through the required Christian Studies courses, students analyze biblical sources to obtain truth and engage in Christ-centered critical thinking about the Scriptures and theological issues.
Crown’s Christian General Studies online associate degree fulfills foundational educational needs. The program also prepares students for transferring into any of Crown’s Christ-centered bachelor’s degree programs.
Learn More About Crown College
General Studies Major (A.A.) Courses
- COM 1010 - Introduction to Communication 3 Credits
- COM - Communication Elective 3 Credits
- Communication, Humanities, Math, Science or Social Science Electives 9 Credits
- ENG 1510 - College Writing and Research 3 Credits
- ENG 1512 - Introduction to Literary Analysis 3 Credits
- Literature Elective 3 Credits
- MAT - Math Elective 3 Credits
- SCI - Science Elective 3 Credits
- Social Science Elective 3 Credits
- SOC 1510 - College Success Strategies 3 Credits 1,2
1 Counts towards 3 credits of Social Science credits. Students who have successfully completed 60 credits with a GPA of at least a 2.0 may replace SOC 1510 with a Communication, Humanities, Math, Science or Social Science elective.
2 Click HERE to view options for Humanities and Social Science Electives.
* Some courses from the Christian Studies Core and Major Core can be used to fulfill requirements in the General Education Core. By doing that the number of electives needed would increase so that the minimum of 60 credits is reached.
To view these courses in our online catalog system, click here.
(This will open in a new browser window or tab.)
Online (SOS) Tuition
Online Undergraduate 2020-2021 Costs
Tuition Per Credit $395* Application Fee $25 Technology Fee $140 per semester
*$475 per credit if not full-time (under 12 credits per semester)
Check Course Catalog for any additional fees related to your specific program.