ONLINE CRIMINAL JUSTICE DEGREE PROGRAMS
Crown’s accredited Christian online Criminal Justice degree program is designed for those who are looking to start out in this exciting and growing field and for those who are already working in Criminal Justice and want to continue their education. Our Christ-centered curriculum offers a broad overview of the field with multiple entry points into a career or specific advanced training.
For students seeking to enter the field:
- Crown offers a pathway to careers in law enforcement, juvenile justice, security, probation, corrections, youth work and criminal courts.
- Students can chose classes that meet their specific needs and interests by combining Criminal Justice coursework with individual classes and/or degrees in Psychology/Counseling, Alcohol and Drug Counseling, Disaster Management, Business or Ministry.
- Through an agreement with Alexandria Technical and Community College, Crown students can get the skills and training needed to seek police officer licensure.
For those currently working in criminal justice:
- Crown offers the opportunity for students to get Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degrees that can help them advance in their field.
- Crown is transfer friendly, accepting coursework from other accredited institutions. Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) courses can be applied to a minor in Law Enforcement.
- Crown’s online Criminal Justice degree program brings you the professional recognition and advancement you deserve.
What makes Crown’s program unique?
- Completely online – perfect for busy working adults
- Small class sizes mean you get individualize attention
- Combine Criminal Justice coursework with courses and/or degrees in Psychology/Counseling, Alcohol and Drug Counseling, Disaster Management, Business or Ministry.
- Use your Criminal Justice coursework as part of an accelerated Master of Arts degree with an emphasis in Disaster and Emergency Management.
- Each student is assigned an academic advisor whose only job is to help students succeed.
“Our B.S. degree in Criminal Justice, especially when joined with the Disaster and Emergency Management program, opens the door to a variety of challenging careers that allow people to serve Christ while serving their communities.” – Darin Mather, PhD, Program Chair, Social Sciences
404 Not Found CoursesCourses
To view these courses in our online catalog system, click here.
(This will open in a new browser window or tab.)
- Learning Goals
Crown’s B.S. in Criminal Justice program is designed to prepare students to:
1. Differentiate the criminal justice system components from both a theoretical and practical perspective, and critically evaluate existing practices and procedures from a Christian perspective.
2. Identify the nature and causes of crime, recognizing how strong families, stable communities, effective schools, and reductions in violence and poverty prevent crime.
3. Appreciate the myriad social, political, legal, and ethical concerns embedded in complex criminal justice issues from a Christian perspective.
4. Demonstrate a complete understanding of substantive and procedural criminal law, and enumerate the importance of fair and equal legal treatment to diverse populations within the criminal justice system.
5. Present themselves as professionals whose integrity is beyond reproach and who are committed to treating both victims and offenders with respect and dignity.
- Degree Options
Criminal Justice Major
The Crown Criminal Justice major can be combined with other degrees in order to obtain a double major.
Examples of majors that can be paired with the major in Criminal Justice include:
- B.S. Psychology/Counseling
- B.S. Alcohol and Drug Counseling
- B.S. Disaster and Emergency Management
- B.S. Business
- B.S. Christian Ministry
These double majors allow students to have a specialized program that fits their career goals.
Law Enforcement Minor
Students can get a minor in Law Enforcement, which incorporates Law Enforcement Skills coursework for Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) certification. This minor can be combined with the Criminal Justice major or other majors such as Disaster and Emergency Management, Psychology/Counseling, Alcohol and Drug Counseling, Business or Christian Ministry.
An Affordable Online College Education.
Earning your degree online makes sense. It’s convenient and provides an invaluable advantage to your future success. At Crown College, it’s also affordable. Crown is one of the 10 most affordable Christian colleges in the Midwest. With 98 percent of our students receiving some form of financial aid, we will work with you to figure out the best financial aid package available.
Financial aid funding is made available by the federal and state governments. Crown College’s School of Online Studies and Graduate School programs participate in the Federal Pell Grant, Minnesota State Grant and Federal Direct Stafford Loans to help finance your education.
Most financial aid is awarded on the basis of need. The first step is to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). The FAFSA is the government form used to help assess a family’s financial strength. Crown’s school code for FAFSA is: 002383. Students must apply for financial aid each year to be considered for funding.
Online (SOS) Tuition
Online Undergraduate 2018-2019 Costs
Tuition Per Credit $450 Application Fee $25 Technology Fee $130 per semester
Online Undergraduate 2017-2018 Costs
Tuition Per Credit $445 Application Fee $25 Technology Fee $125 per semester
- Career Outcomes
Crown Graduates from the B.S. Criminal Justice program work in a variety of jobs in:
- Law Enforcement
- Criminal Courts
- Juvenile Justice
- Emergency Management