About Crown College
Online Christian Ministry Associates Degree
Christian Ministry (A.S.)
Designed for students with a high school diploma, GED, and little or no college experience, the A.S. in Christian Ministry is an online ministry degree that cultivates personal and professional spiritual formation. The streamlined program builds skills in Bible study and interpretation, theological thinking, and helping others in their spiritual formation and discipleship. The program also provides a firm foundation in general education.
Graduates of the online Christian ministry associate degree program enter professional careers as associates in churches, youth and para-church ministries, and other faith-based education and nonprofit organizations. They integrate Christian values into everyday decisions. They incorporate Bible-based strategies into effective ministry. As a graduate of the A.S. program, you may be eligible to transfer all of your credits into our Bachelor of Christian Ministry degree program which is also available, 100% online.
Faculty with credentials in academic excellence, and with significant ministry and mission experience, lead the courses in Crown’s dynamic online learning environment. The Christian Ministry A.S. is infused with Crown’s academic integrity and top-ranked by is reflected in top rankings by both MONEY Magazine and Christian Universities Online.
Crown’s easy-to-use online learning environment allows you the freedom and flexibility to complete coursework at your convenience. Tuition is priced competitively lower than at similar accredited institutions.
Christian Ministry Major (A.S.) Courses
- BIB/CM/THE - Bible, Christian Ministry or Theology Elective 3 Credits
- ICS 3610 - Concepts of Global and Ethical Leadership 3 Credits *
- BIB 1511 - Survey of Biblical Literature 3 Credits *
- BIB 1520 - History of the Old Testament 3 Credits
- BIB 1522 - History of the New Testament 3 Credits 3
- BIB 3510 - Interpreting the Gospels 3 Credits
- BIB 4710 - Interpreting Romans 3 Credits
- THE 3520 - Foundations of Christian Thought 3 Credits *
- THE 3522 - Systematic Theology I 3 Credits
- THE 3524 - Systematic Theology II 3 Credits 3
- COM 1515 - Introduction to Public Communication 3 Credits
- ENG 1510 - College Writing and Research 3 Credits
- ENG 1512 - Introduction to Literary Analysis 3 Credits
- FAR - Fine Arts Elective 3 Credits 2
- Global Awareness Elective 3 Credits 2*
- HIS - History Elective 3 Credits
- Humanities Elective 3 Credits 2*
- MAT - Math Elective 3 Credits
- SCI - Lab Science Elective 4 Credits
- SOC 1510 - College Success Strategies 3 Credits 1,2
Students who take 18 or 21 credits in the Christian Studies core will fulfill this elective with those credits.
1 Counts towards 3 credits of Social Science credits. Students who have successfully completed 60 credits with a GPA of at least a 2.0 may replace SOC 1510 with another Social Science elective.
2 Click HERE to view options for Social Science, Humanities, Global Awareness, and Fine Arts Electives.
* Some courses from the Christian Studies Core and Major Core can be used to fulfill requirements in the General Education Core. By doing that the number of electives needed would increase so that the minimum of 63 credits is reached.
To view these courses in our online catalog system, click here.
(This will open in a new browser window or tab.)
Earning your degree online makes sense. It’s convenient and provides an invaluable advantage to your future success. At Crown College, it’s also affordable. Crown is one of the 10 most affordable Christian colleges in the Midwest. With 98 percent of our students receiving some form of financial aid, we will work with you to figure out the best financial aid package available. Financial aid funding is made available by the federal and state governments.
Crown College’s School of Online Studies and Graduate School programs participate in the Federal Pell Grant, Minnesota State Grant and Federal Direct Stafford Loans to help finance your education. Most financial aid is awarded on the basis of need. The first step is to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). The FAFSA is the government form used to help assess a family’s financial strength. Crown’s school code for FAFSA is: 002383. Students must apply for financial aid each year to be considered for funding.
Online (SOS) Tuition
Online Undergraduate 2018-2019 Costs
Tuition Per Credit $450 Application Fee $25 Technology Fee $130 per semester
Online Undergraduate 2017-2018 Costs
Tuition Per Credit $445 Application Fee $25 Technology Fee $125 per semester
Check Course Catalog for any additional fees related to your specific program.
Upon completion, graduates of our online Christian ministry college near Minneapolis are well qualified to begin entry-level employment opportunities in the following types of organizations:
- Para-church Ministries
- Local Ministries
- Health and Welfare Ministries
- Youth and Family Ministries
- Children’s Ministries
- Teen Challenge
- Youth With A Mission (YWAM)
- Faith-Based Education
About Crown College