Online Christian Ministry Associates Degree
Christian Ministry (A.S.)
Designed for students with a high school diploma, GED, and little or no college experience, the A.S. in Christian Ministry is an online ministry degree that cultivates personal and professional spiritual formation. The streamlined program builds skills in Bible study and interpretation, theological thinking, and helping others in their spiritual formation and discipleship. The program also provides a firm foundation in general education.
Graduates of the online Christian ministry associate degree program enter professional careers as associates in churches, youth and para-church ministries, and other faith-based education and nonprofit organizations. They integrate Christian values into everyday decisions. They incorporate Bible-based strategies into effective ministry. As a graduate of the A.S. program, you may be eligible to transfer all of your credits into our Bachelor of Christian Ministry degree program which is also available, 100% online.
Faculty with credentials in academic excellence, and with significant ministry and mission experience, lead the courses in Crown’s dynamic online learning environment. The Christian Ministry A.S. is infused with Crown’s academic integrity and top-ranked by is reflected in top rankings by both MONEY Magazine and Christian Universities Online.
Crown’s easy-to-use online learning environment allows you the freedom and flexibility to complete coursework at your convenience. Tuition is priced competitively lower than at similar accredited institutions.
Contact us using the Learn More field in the right corner.
Ready to apply? Crown’s application takes less than 5 minutes to complete and you can take your first step towards an online ministry associates degree.
We’ll talk to you soon!
- Career Outcomes
Upon completion, graduates of our online Christian ministry college near Minneapolis are well qualified to begin entry-level employment opportunities in the following types of organizations
- Para-church Ministries
- Local Ministries
- Health and Welfare Ministries
- Youth and Family Ministries
- Children’s Ministries
- Teen Challenge
- Youth With A Mission
- Faith-Based Education
Christian Ministry Major (A.S.) Courses
- BIB/CM/THE - Bible, Christian Ministry or Theology Elective 3 Credits
- ICS 3610 - Concepts of Global and Ethical Leadership 3 Credits *
- BIB 1511 - Survey of Biblical Literature 3 Credits *
- BIB 1520 - History of the Old Testament 3 Credits
- BIB 1522 - History of the New Testament 3 Credits 3
- BIB 3510 - Interpreting the Gospels 3 Credits
- BIB 4710 - Interpreting Romans 3 Credits
- THE 3520 - Foundations of Christian Thought 3 Credits *
- THE 3522 - Systematic Theology I 3 Credits
- THE 3524 - Systematic Theology II 3 Credits 3
- COM 1515 - Introduction to Public Communication 3 Credits
- ENG 1510 - College Writing and Research 3 Credits
- ENG 1512 - Introduction to Literary Analysis 3 Credits
- FAR - Fine Arts Elective 3 Credits 2
- Global Awareness Elective 3 Credits 2*
- HIS - History Elective 3 Credits
- Humanities Elective 3 Credits 2*
- MAT - Math Elective 3 Credits
- SCI - Lab Science Elective 4 Credits
- SOC 1510 - College Success Strategies 3 Credits 1,2
Students who take 18 or 21 credits in the Christian Studies core will fulfill this elective with those credits.
1 Counts towards 3 credits of Social Science credits. Students who have successfully completed 60 credits with a GPA of at least a 2.0 may replace SOC 1510 with another Social Science elective.
2 Click HERE to view options for Social Science, Humanities, Global Awareness, and Fine Arts Electives.
* Some courses from the Christian Studies Core and Major Core can be used to fulfill requirements in the General Education Core. By doing that the number of electives needed would increase so that the minimum of 63 credits is reached.
To view these courses in our online catalog system, click here.
(This will open in a new browser window or tab.)