Online Certificate of Biblical Studies
One-Year Certificate of Biblical Studies
Do you want to become a more effective volunteer in your church, ministry or faith-based nonprofit? Are you seeking to broaden your educational foundation in preparation for a specific ministry position or graduate school? Are you seeking a path toward deeper spiritual growth? Crown’s online Biblical Studies Certificate program is the answer.
The accelerated online program, which can be earned in three terms, provides you with a solid foundation in Biblical studies and Christian theology. Our course of study also includes practical methods for sharing your knowledge, your love of God and God’s love with others in your church, youth ministry, para-church organization, or volunteer or professional work.
With its focus on Jesus’ teachings, Crown’s online Bible Certificate program is essential for adults considering the ministry or for those who want to deepen their understanding of biblical and theological truth. Earning a Certificate of Biblical Studies can help to expand your employment or volunteer opportunities within churches, para-church organizations and nonprofit groups.
Faculty with credentials in academic excellence, and with significant ministry and mission experience, lead the courses in Crown’s dynamic online learning environment. The Certificate of Biblical Studies is backed by Crown’s academic integrity as one of the “Top 10 Online Christian Colleges.”
Crown’s easy-to-use online learning environment allows you the freedom and flexibility to complete coursework at your convenience. Tuition is priced competitively lower than at similar accredited institutions.
Contact us using the Request Info. form in the left column.
Ready to apply? Crown’s application takes less than 5 minutes to complete.
- CONVENIENCE earn the certificate entirely online
- AFFORDABLE earn your certificate while only paying for 30 credits of Coursework. Ask about financial aid packages and scholarships
- ACCELERATED program that allows you to focus on Biblical and Theological studies.
- GRADES are based primarily on written work, projects, and course participation
- WELL RESPECTED with graduates working in churches, non-profits, and mission organizations around the world
- EXPERT FACULTY offers the best of both worlds: high academic credentials with significant ministry and missions experience.
To see the Gainful Employment Disclosure for this program, please click here.
Certificate of Biblical Studies Courses
- BIB 1520 - History of the Old Testament 3 Credits
- BIB 1522 - History of the New Testament 3 Credits
- BIB 3520 - Interpreting the Bible 3 Credits
- BIB/THE - Bible or Theology Electives 9 Credits
- BIB 3510 - Interpreting the Gospels 3 Credits
- BIB 4710 - Interpreting Romans 3 Credits
- THE 3536 - Theology of Evangelism and Missions 3 Credits
- ICS 4512 - Current Issues in Missions 3 Credits
- THE 3520 - Foundations of Christian Thought 3 Credits
- THE 3522 - Systematic Theology I 3 Credits
- THE 3524 - Systematic Theology II 3 Credits (fulfills BIB/THE elective)
- ENG 1510 - College Writing and Research 3 Credits *
- BIB/CM/THE - Bible, Christian Ministry or Theology Elective 3 Credits
*Students without previous college coursework should take ENG 1510 - College Writing and Research .
To view these courses in our online catalog system, click here.
(This will open in a new browser window or tab.)
Online (SOS) Tuition
Online Undergraduate 2018-2019 Costs
Tuition Per Credit $450 Application Fee $25 Technology Fee $130 per semester
Online Undergraduate 2017-2018 Costs
Tuition Per Credit $445 Application Fee $25 Technology Fee $125 per semester
Check Course Catalog for any additional fees related to your specific program.
Upon completion of this program at our one-year Bible certificate school in Minnesota, graduates will be ready to explore volunteer or entry-level employment opportunities in churches, youth ministries, para-church ministries and various service organizations.Below are some possible types of career opportunities:
- Religious Workers (Pastoral Ministry)
- Children’s ministry
- Youth and family ministry
- Religious Education
To learn more about occupational profiles on the U.S. Department of Labor’s O*NET website, click here.