May 27, 10:30am: Crown College Response to COVID-19 Relief Funds
Posted May 27th, 2020
Crown College Response to COVID-19 Relief Funds
- An acknowledgment that the institution signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- Crown College signed the Certificate and Agreement, received and distributed 50% of the funds to students.
- The total amount of funds that the institution will receive or has received from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Student.
- $491,090 with 50% of the funds being distributed to students.
- The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of submission (i.e., as of the 30-day Report and every 45 days thereafter).
- The estimated total number of students at the institution eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- 302 Students
- The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- 232 Students
- The method(s) used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- Crown College awarded relief funds for housing and food by calculating the percentage of the semester impacted by COVID-19.
- Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
- An announcement and video from President Joel Wiggins was posted on Crown’s COVID-19 website on April 16th. Crown College also has a Special Circumstances Appeals Form for those who have been impacted by COVID-19. These are reviewed by the Director of Financial Aid and the VP of Enrollment & Marketing.