March 19, 9:45am: Update for Parents of Prospective Students
Posted March 19th, 2020
To the Parents of Prospective Students,
My name is Mike Price, VP of Enrollment & Marketing, I am writing to update you on the Crown College’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and to guide you in your next steps as those new to the Crown College family.
As of March 23rd, Crown College has moved all courses to virtual instruction until the end of the semester. All students have been sent home unless they have extenuating circumstances and have been granted permission to stay on campus. We are following guidelines set before us to promote the wellness of our campus and students. We are blessed to have an excellent online platform already in place and will continue to deliver excellent education to our students through this unprecedented time.
We are committed to allow all faculty and staff that are able to work remotely. This allowance will continue until we have further guidance from the CDC. Faculty and staff are also given flexibility in the hours they work if they have a need to care for kids or loved ones. Supporting our staff, faculty, and students is our priority. Even with these changes, we want you to know that we are still “open for business” and will continue to work with you and your students as you navigate the admissions process. We are available to answer any questions so don’t hesitate to email or call us.
If your son or daughter has applied to Crown College, we are continuing to process his or her documents. This includes high school transcripts and test scores. Many of you are able to access transcripts through your high school’s portal. In most cases, these transcripts can be downloaded and sent to us. If this option is not available, please use the screen shot function and send us this picture. We will continue to review your information and provide an acceptance decision within 72 hours.
If your son or daughter has already been accepted or paid the deposit please follow the next steps in the process:
- If you haven’t paid your deposit please visit crown.edu/deposit. This will provide you step by step instructions on how to pay online. You can also contact your Admissions Counselor if you need further guidance.
- Complete your financial aid forms at crown.edu/admissions/financial-aid
- Online Course Registration will open on April 20th. Another email will be sent in April to provide online course registration instructions. Summer Orientations are currently planned for June 8th and July 13th. You can visit
- crown.edu to find more information. Any changes to summer orientation dates will be made by March 31st. Click the “accepted student” tab. Students should also complete their housing and health history forms. If you have trouble accessing our.crown.edu, please contact the admissions office.
- Students will arrive on campus in the middle of August. More information will be sent over the summer.
COVID–19 has presented us with a challenge as a college. As you well know, the information is fluid and rapidly changing. I encourage you to access our information page, www.crown.edu/coronavirus for the most recent update on our response.
A comforting verse for me during this time is Romans 15:13, “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
May we continue to trust God and put our Hope in Him during these unsettling times.
VP of Enrollment & Marketing
Important Contact Information: