Envision Berlin Trek
Envision Berlin’s one-two year Trek program is a unique ministry education experience in which you’ll find yourself exploring a new culture, learning a new language, and gaining practical skills that will set you apart in today’s competitive job market. All in Germany’s capital city; Berlin! Our hope is that your time in Berlin will help you to gain a deeper understanding of different perspectives and ways of life all while also preparing you for meaningful ministry engagement wherever you live.
Our program offers the opportunity to take a break from traditional classroom learning, while still working towards a US college degree. Not only does this save you money in the long run, but it also gives you invaluable real-world experience you can’t get from a college campus.
Do you have existing college credits? We’d love to help complete your degree. Crown College may be able to transfer most or all of your existing credits into a Crown degree, allowing you to graduate with a degree from an accredited US institution.
Ultimately, the Envision Berlin Trek program is designed to help you grow both professionally and spiritually. So if you’re ready to take a step outside of your comfort zone, challenge yourself, and join us in Berlin. Apply today to find out more about how this opportunity can prepare you for the future!
- Practical ministry experience: Students gain practical ministry experience through internships and other hands-on learning opportunities, providing invaluable real-world experience.
- One to two-year program: The program runs for one to two years, allowing time to immerse yourself in Berlin’s culture, gain practical experience and achieve learning goals.
- Degree-completion option: With the degree-completion option, you can continue your studies and earn a US college degree while living and learning in Berlin.
- Saves students money: The program is designed to help students save significantly in comparison to a traditional education program, with the opportunity to gain practical skills that set them apart in the job market.
- Berlin location: Berlin is a world class-city with rich history and culture and an exciting arts and startup scene. Other locations may also be available; check with Envision for more information.
Trek Year is an opportunity to experience hands-on ministry while pursuing or even completing college. The 11-23 month program intentionally pairs a cross-cultural discipleship setting with academics to fuel development.
On the Trek program, students take courses from Crown College, a fully-accredited Christian college associated with the Christian and Missionary Alliance. Students will take some courses face-to-face on-site and others online. Coursework can be applied to an Associate’s Degree in Global and Cultural Studies or in other majors at Crown. Crown’s accredited courses can also transfer to any other university in the country.
Classes are intentionally designed to enhance your ministry experience. Students can also choose courses that meet their specific academic interests and needs. Envision Berlin offers a cohort experience, where you can learn alongside a group of like-minded students engaged in practical ministry and learning.
- Christian Grow in your faith while doing cross-cultural ministry.
- Practical Apply your learning to real-world ministry contexts.
- Flexible Enjoy the freedom of online education alongside practical ministry experience.
- Affordable One of the best values for an online Christian college.
- Personal Crown faculty and Envision staff are committed to your personal growth!
- Formational Envision facilitates your transformational leadership development.
As a ministry of the C&MA, Envision identifies and develops missional leaders who innovate, establish and strengthen communities of faith in key urban environments. They do this through short-term trips, internships, leadership development, and ministry opportunities in the Alliance family.
About Envision Berlin
Envision Berlin identifies and develops missional leaders through short-term missions opportunities and innovative ministry strategies, engaging in generative culture care through the primary strategies of:
- a deeper-life presence-based community
- multimedia publishing
- development and platforming of artists and creatives
- facilitation of training and education
Trek students receive a 50% off scholarship from Crown. (Federal, State and institutional aid are include in this 50% off price calculation.)
Students are considered Envision Trek Interns, and are able to raise support to cover Envision fees, which include onboarding training, roundtrip airfare to the site, lodging, food, on-site transportation, utilities, daily living costs, and ministry expenses.
Estimated fundraising eligible costs for an 11 month program is of $1900 per month for on the ground needs, $150 a month for Trek fees, and one time costs. Health insurance is not included.
Personal expenses (e.g. souvenirs, entertainment, etc…).
When are payments due?
Crown College expenses: Tuition is due prior to the start of each semester (mid-August and mid-January).
Envision Expenses: You will need to have the first 2 months of your total funds raised 30 days before you go AS WELL AS 100% of the rest of your funds pledged for the following months.
What about fundraising?
Students are encouraged to raise support for the on-site cost and airfare, as this is a means of preparing for future ministry fundraising needs while also growing their network. Envision can and will provide fundraising resources to assist in this part of ministry preparation. Students are required to have all their on-site costs covered 30 days before their launch date. Support raising is done through the Christian and Missionary Alliance National Office. ALL funds received from the C&MA National Office to your support account will be tax-deductible and supporters will get a receipt for their records. Money that is donated to your support account with the C&MA is not refundable and must be used towards ministry expenses.
Do I get financial aid?
Crown offers a 50% off discount to all Trek students. In order to obtain this discount, students must first submit a FAFSA form. Federal, State and institutional aid are include in this 50% off price calculation.
Trek Year Crown College
Ready for more?
Does Trek Year with Crown College sound like something that would fit your lifestyle?
Have a conversation with one of our Onboarding Specialists about programs Crown Online offers, financial aid, and how Crown College can get you to your end goal.
- 1 – In order to begin the process, students interested in Trek Year must fill out the Interest Format the bottom of the Envision Trek webpage: https://weareenvision.com/trek-year/ and submit three references.
- 2 – Once the application and references are submitted, Envision will set up a time for an interview! Envision will then follow up to let the student know if they’ve been accepted or not to the Trek Year program.
- 3 – Once accepted, Envision will connect the student with Crown College, in order to begin the academic portion of Trek Year.
- 4 – When the participants are accepted as a student through Crown College’s online program, they then will be fully approved and accepted as a Trek Year participant. – Talk to a Specialist.
Get connected with our Admissions Specialist to get all your specific questions about Trek Year with Crown College + Envision answered.
Liz Venable email@example.com