December 22, 4:00pm: Christmas Break
Dear Crown Student,
As we approach the end of the calendar year, it is a good opportunity to remember with gratitude the goodness of God to the Crown community. Crown College has many reasons for gratitude this Christmas season, not least of which is a semester spent together with few health issues in the midst of a global pandemic. Thank you Crown community for your flexibility, commitment, and perseverance this year. We are grateful to everyone who made sacrifices to help us finish the semester well. #crowntogether
During Christmas break, I want to encourage everyone to:
- Watch your Crown e-mail for notifications regarding any special instructions regarding the spring semester check-in process.
- Practice care for others and yourself by continuing to wear masks in public spaces, social distance, and exercise good hygiene by washing hands and sanitizing frequently.
- Pay attention to the MN Department of Health for the latest restrictions and guidelines.
- Review latest travel recommendations from U.S. Department of State.
As we anticipate our return to campus, I urge us to remain vigilant regarding COVID-19 protocols and practices. Please consider the following regarding the upcoming semester:
- We will begin the semester at Level Yellow. The COVID-19 Task Force will continue to monitor both Crown’s specific COVID-19 situation and the state and local situation and adjust the alert level as soon as it safe to do so.
- We will screen and test each residential student upon return to campus. Please plan accordingly and check your Crown e-mail the week before returning to campus.
Remember, more information about our COVID-19 response and expectations can be found on the Crown College website.
We invite your continued cooperation as we press ahead in this unprecedented year. I believe with patience, respect for one another, and faithful attention to the guidelines we can finish the year together. Join me in praying that we will have sustained health and be able to enjoy the spring semester on campus.
I hope and pray that Christmas break is filled with rest, joy, health, and peace for you and your family as we celebrate the birth of our Savior.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
VP of Student Development/Campus Chaplain