We will maintain our mission to develop Biblical-based education for Christian leadership in a Christ-centered, academically excellent, globally connected environment.
While we had hoped our school year would begin with COVID behind us, we now understand that is not the case. Our Crown College COVID-19 Task Force has frequently met over the summer as the COVID situation continues to be fluid. Things are still complex as the academic year approaches, with the Delta COVID-19 variant cases increasing in the United States and Minnesota.
Last year, at Crown College, we provided a safe learning and community environment, and we will do the same this year. Our COVID-19 Task Force has been praying through and discussing the many options and recommendations from the CDC and MDH while weighing the importance of providing an opportunity for our campus to thrive.
As a reminder, please monitor your health, wash your hands, and stay home if you are sick. If you have symptoms or known COVID-19 exposure, let your supervisor (faculty and staff), or Student Development (on-campus students) know. If you are attending an on-location class, please check with the site director for site-specific COVID-19 protocols. We are here to support you and are committed to keeping our community safe.
General COVID-19 Updates and Protocols:
- In-person learning for all on-campus classes unless previously scheduled to be virtual.
- Will work with any student, faculty, or staff that needs to quarantine or isolate on a case-by-case basis to determine the best learning or teaching plan.
Face Coverings and Vaccines
- Due to the rise in the Delta variant, the CDC and MDH recommend everyone mask indoors and receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Crown College will support a person’s choice to wear or not to wear a mask and will honor the vaccination decision of all staff, faculty, and students.
Health and Safety Protocols
- Sanitizer stations are at entrances
- All classrooms are at full capacity
- MDH and CDC quarantine and isolation guidelines will be followed
- Rooms have been designated for students to quarantine or isolate safely
- While indoors, physical distancing of 3 ft. will be encouraged
- Signage to encourage healthy practices
- Personal counseling services will accommodate physical distancing
- Telehealth options will be available
- Food delivery for quarantined and isolated students will be available
Crown Athletics COVID-19 Updates and Protocols:
- Testing will occur for symptomatic athletes unless the NCAA, NCCAA, or UMAC were to require unvaccinated athletes to test
- In the event an opponent has different expectations, we will evaluate the best option for our athletes
- Spectators will be allowed at all home games
- There are no capacity limits
- Masking will be optional for attendees
- Masking will be optional for athletes, visiting teams, and spectators at home events
- Crown teams will follow all protocols when traveling to other campuses for competition
- At this point, athletics will not be collecting vaccination status from student-athletes or coaches. If the NCAA, NCCAA, or the UMAC teams begin requiring vaccination statuses or testing for unvaccinated student-athletes and coaches, we will evaluate this policy then.
- Privacy will be respected, and if an athlete chooses not to disclose vaccination status, they will follow unvaccinated guidelines for NCAA, NCCAA, or UMAC competition
For more information, you can find our COVID-19 Update page at – crown.edu/coronavirus. We update this page as there are changes with COVID-19 updates and protocols, so please check this site regularly.