A NEW SEASON OF EXCELLENCE AND GROWTH
The three Crown Commitments form the bedrock of our strategic plan. They represent what we believe are the essential elements of our success over the next five years and into the future.
(Joshua 1:9, Acts 4:31, Acts 28:31, Ephesians 6:19) – As a boldly Christian institution, Crown College places Jesus Christ at the center of everything we do. We are committed to integrating our faith into every aspect of our community, not only Bible classes and chapel. We want the Lord to be glorified in all that is said and done. We strive to be more like Christ daily and graduate students who boldly and courageously live out their faith seven days a week, not just on Sunday.
Being boldly Christian means standing firm on the interpretation of the historical biblical text as we establish institutional policies and engage in every decision, interaction, event, and teaching. It means we will have integrity throughout the organization and make decisions that honor the Lord, even if it negatively impacts the institution. Crown will only succeed as the Lord blesses and commit to continuous prayer and obedience in seeking His wisdom and direction for the school.
(Proverbs 22:29, 2 Corinthians 8:7, Colossians 1:28-29, 1 Peter 3:15, Titus 2:7) – As an academically excellent institution, Crown College commits to the rigorous pursuit of truth and wisdom while providing an exceptional educational environment to help each student excel in academics, vocational preparation, and their faith. We are called to love God with our minds and seek understanding as an act of worship, believing that “in Christ are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.” For this reason, we study a wide array of topics and address them honestly and respectfully in light and under the authority of Scripture.
We intentionally build a community of highly qualified, committed Christians to serve as faculty. Their primary role is to effectively teach their content with integrity and wisdom, interacting compassionately and professionally with students and their peers within and outside Crown College. We offer degree programs that are compelling and relevant, intentionally engaging students through both in-person and virtual interactions. We strive to provide educational environments that help each student reach increasing levels of academic achievement, vocational preparation, and faithful service.
Lifelong Authentic Community
(Psalm 133:1, Acts 2:42-47, Romans 12:4-5, Galatians 6:2, Colossians 3:13-14, Hebrews 10:24-25, 1 Peter 3:8) – At Crown College, we commit to fostering an authentic and lifelong community, providing a sense of belonging to all students, employees, faculty, alumnus, and friends. Crown College has a rich history where we have seen God’s faithfulness since 1916. We are committed to celebrating and building the same sense of belonging on which the institution was founded. From their first experience with the Crown Community, we want our students, employees, alumni, and donors to remain connected to one another, to care for one another, and to “spur one another on toward love and good works.”
Students and employees can experience a uniquely authentic and engaging community on campus and online. Crown College is committed to providing a community where students, employees, alums, donors, and friends can develop and maintain meaningful relationships for life. And, when the opportunity comes, we trust that our family will always feel welcomed home.
All taken from the English Standard Version
- Joshua 1:9 – Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go
- Acts 4:31 – and when they had prayed, the place in which they were gathered together was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and continued to speak the word of God with boldness.
- Acts 28:31 – Proclaiming the kingdom of God and teaching about the Lord Jesus Christ with all boldness and without hindrance
- Ephesians 6:19 – And also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel
- Proverbs 22:29 – Do you see a man skillful in his work? He will stand before kings; he will not stand before obscure men.
- 2 Corinthians 8:7 – But as you excel in everything – in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in all earnestness, and in our love for you – see that you excel in this act of grace also
- Colossians 1:28-29 – Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ. For this I toil, struggling with all his energy that he powerfully works within me.
- 1 Peter 3:15 – but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect
- Titus 2:7 – Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity, and sound speech that cannot be condemned
Lifelong Authentic Community
- Psalm 133:1 – Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity!
- Acts 2:42-47 – and they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, the breaking of bread, and the prayers. And awe came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were being done through the apostles. And all who believed were together and had all things in common. And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need. And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved
- Romans 12:4-5 – so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another.
- Galatians 6:2 – Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
- Colossians 3:13-14 – bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against each other, forgiving one another; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.
- Hebrews 10:24-25 – and let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
- 1 Peter 3:8 – Finally, all of you, have unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, a humble mind.