Student Work-Study


The Federal Work-Study Program provides many on-campus jobs and some off-campus jobs for undergraduate students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay for educational expenses.



Students who qualify for Federal Work-Study have the opportunity to work and earn money through the Work-Study program. Job opportunities are awarded on the basis of need determined by the FAFSA. A student must complete the FAFSA to determine eligibility.

Work-Study is not treated the same as other forms of financial aid that are available for disbursement near the beginning of a semester. Work-Study awards are considered earning potential. Students must work their hours before receiving work-study wages. Students are paid monthly by check and may use their earnings for personal expenses or to make payments on their school bills.


There are many jobs available to students each year. The major areas of employment are library, maintenance, athletics, food service, faculty assistants, clerical, housekeeping, admissions counselor, and receptionist.

Crown College on-campus job opportunities for students are currently posted on the Crown App and Crown Announcements sent via email

Most students work 10 hours per week and are paid on a monthly basis.

Student-workers will work with their job supervisor to create a work schedule that is designed to fit with their class schedule.

The starting wage varies and is dependent on skills, performance, and longevity. The minimum wage is $10.00 per hour. Contact the payroll office for more details on pay rates.

If a student did not file a FAFSA or are not eligible for Work-Study funds, they may still be hired for some of the advertised jobs. All students can complete the application for any or all of the jobs they are interested in.

If an International Student is seeking to work while attending Crown, they should also apply for the advertised jobs. All students can complete the application for any or all of the jobs they are interested in.

ALL STUDENT WORKERS Please note; that when a student is hired, they must provide employment documentation before they can start their job. This includes a completed W-4 tax form and the I-9 form. To complete the I-9 form you will also need to show identification; such as a Passport, Social Security Card, and/or Birth Certificate, etc. Please bring the originals, because copies of these documents are not accepted, according to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. If you have any questions about this please contact our Human Resources department.