Financial Aid

Show all / Hide all

fold faq What is Crown's Title IV School Code?


Category: Financial Aid
fold faq How do I receive a PIN number?

You can apply for a PIN at For dependent students, one parent should also apply for a PIN.

Category: Financial Aid
fold faq What is the difference between subsidized and unsubsidized Stafford Loans?

A subsidized loan is based on financial need. The federal government will pay the interest on a subsidized loan through your enrollment period in school and through the grace period. An unsubsidized loan is not based on financial need. You must either pay the interest monthly/quarterly, or have the interest capitalized (added to the principal loan amount). Repayment of the interest and principle begins six months after you graduate, leave school, or drop below half-time enrollment. 

Category: Financial Aid
fold faq Should I be paying my interest on an unsubsidized student loan while in school?

If you can pay the interest while in school, you will repay less in the long run. If you choose to capitalize the interest (having the interest added to the principle amount of the loan), you will increase the total amount you must pay back after you graduate or drop below half-time enrollment.

Category: Financial Aid
fold faq Do I have to borrow the entire amount of loan on my Award Letter?

No, borrow only what you need to meet your educational costs. Simply write on your Stafford Loan Authorization Form the total amount you wish to borrow for the academic year.

Category: Financial Aid
fold faq What if I borrow the loan and later on find out I don't need the loan?

You can repay your loan to your lender at any time without penalty. Contact the Financial Aid Office if you want to cancel all or part of the loan during the school year.

Category: Financial Aid
fold faq If I do not want to borrow an educational loan at this time, is there another option for financing my college costs?

Yes, you may want to consider Tuition Management Systems. For more information about this payment plan, go to or call the Crown Student Billing Office at 952-446-4126.

Category: Financial Aid
fold faq What is the cost of tuition at Crown?

Please visit our Tuition and Fees page for current semester and annual cost breakdowns.

Category: Financial Aid
fold faq What is the cost of room and board?

Please visit our Tuition and Fees page for current semester and annual room fees and meal plan fees.

Note that all freshmen must be on the full meal plan. Upperclassmen can choose from several different plans.

Category: Financial Aid
fold faq Is there financial aid available?

Financial aid is available to all students. Over 98% of students receive some form of financial assistance. The financial aid package will include federal and state grants, Stafford Loan, Perkins Loan and institutional aid. View the financial aid web page for more information. 

Category: Financial Aid
fold faq How much should I plan on spending on books for a semester?

This will depend on your class load, but Crown students spend approximately $500.00 per semester. Visit

Category: Financial Aid
fold faq What is the FAFSA?

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA ) is an application to determine eligibility for state and federal aid. Crown recommends that all students complete the FAFSA as part of the financial aid process.

Category: Financial Aid
fold faq What is the Financial Aid Process?
  1. Apply and be accepted for admission to Crown College .
  2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Crown's Title IV school code is 002383. It is advisable to complete the FAFSA before April 15th of the year you are applying for.
  3. Students must notify the Financial Aid Office of any private grants or scholarships they receive.  You can notify our office through e-mail, .
  4. About 30% of families are selected for verification of the information given on the FAFSA. If you are among those selected for verification, Crown's Financial Aid Office will contact you for more information.  
  5. Crown College financial aid personnel will notify you when your financial aid is awarded. Contact the Financial Aid Office if you have questions about your award.  Grants and Scholarships are free monies that you don't have to repay.  Loans and work study require additional applications.
Category: Financial Aid
fold faq What scholarships are available?

There are many scholarships available at Crown. The Academic Scholarship is based on your ACT/SAT score and GPA.   The Academic Scholarship is renewable for up to four years. The student must maintain GPA to renew at the same level.

View our scholarship page for more scholarship opportunities!

Category: Financial Aid
fold faq Is there a deadline for applying for financial aid?

There is a priority deadline of April 15. FAFSA’s received after this date will be considered for aid based on the availability of funds. All aid application materials should be received by July 30th. Students can submit financial aid application materials after July 30th, but the Financial Aid Office cannot guarantee that the applications will be reviewed and processed before the fall bill is due.

Category: Financial Aid
fold faq Are there jobs available on campus?

Yes, we have jobs available for students in different departments. Visit the Student Work Program page to see what jobs are currently available.

Category: Financial Aid
fold faq What kinds of jobs are available off campus?

We have a variety of jobs available off campus through our career services office. Many students work minimum hours at various private and public employers in Waconia, St. Bonifacius, Chanhassen, Victoria and Minnetonka.

Category: Financial Aid


Show all / Hide all

fold faq Who lives in College housing?

All full time students under 22 who do not live at home with their parents live in college housing.  Students who are over 22 often continue to live on campus, but also have the option for off campus housing.

fold faq How do I apply for housing?

After you have been accepted to Crown, you can apply for housing. A Housing application will be mailed to you, or you can download the housing application online.

fold faq When should I submit my housing application?

As soon as you receive your acceptance letter, you can send in your housing application and contract.  Notification of room assignments and roommates are sent out the beginning of August.  To be included in the mailing, turn in your application and deposit by July 15.

fold faq Which buildings are available for me as a new student?

Richardson and Strohm Halls are available for first-year female students.  Main and Miller Halls are available for male students.  Transfers may be live in any residence hall.  We try place transfer students in similar class level housing.

fold faq How are new students assigned to housing?

Part of the housing application includes a section on living condition preferences (i.e., time going to bed, type of music, hobbies) which is used to match students.

fold faq When will I find out where I am assigned and who my roommate(s) will be?

We typically send out room assignments at the beginning of August. When you receive your room assignment, it will include the name and contact information for your roommate(s) as well as the sheet size (extra-long or standard) you will need.

fold faq Will my assigned room or roommates change before I arrive?

It is sometimes necessary to make changes to your initial assignment due primarily to people canceling. We will notify you of changes as time permits.

fold faq What if I know who I want for a roommate?

If you want to room with someone specific, both people must request each other on the housing application.  Housing applications and deposits should be sent in for both students before July 15th to honor roommate preferences.

fold faq Can I be in a room by myself?

A large part of residence life at Crown is building relationships within the community here. Because of this, we offer a limited number of single rooms in Main Hall. Most female residences for new students have rooms with four people per room, and male residences for new students have rooms with two people per room.

fold faq When can I move in?

You will receive orientation packets in the mail about two months before the beginning of the semester.   Please look through your packets for the dates and times of move-in.  If you are involved with an athletic team, music group, or other activity that requires early arrival you will receive information about your arrival date from your coach, director, or the coordinator of the activity with which you are involved.

fold faq Am I required to live on campus?

Crown College requires all students under the age of 22 on the first day of the semester to live in College housing unless they meet established criteria. If you are part-time (under 6 credits), married, living with one or both parents, or have a special work situation which requires you to live at work you may choose to live off campus.

fold faq What is an RD?

Resident Directors (RDs) are professionally-educated adults who live in the residence halls and provide services for leadership training, counseling, administration, and participation in the personal development of students.  They are available to students for friendship, counsel, and help in all areas of college life.  RDs are designated to each Residence Hall.

fold faq What is an RA?

Resident Assistants (RAs) are upper-class students that serve as a resource and source of information for students.  RAs are chosen based on their desire to serve others and God, as well as their abilities and leadership skills.  RAs are trained to assist in establishing community, resolving conflicts, and maintaining community standards.

fold faq Who should my parents contact in case of an emergency?

During office hours, Monday-Friday, 8-4:30 p.m., parents should contact the Student Development office at 952-446-4159.  Any other time, parents should contact campus security at 952-446-5100.

fold faq Are the bed sizes twin or XL twin?

Crown has extra-long TWIN sized beds.  

fold faq How will my living area be cleaned?

Common areas, laundry rooms, and hall kitchens are cleaned by facility services. If you are assigned to a suite-style room or to an apartment, it is the responsibility of you, your roommate(s), and/or your suitemates to clean the bathrooms and shared living spaces.

fold faq What phone/data access is available in the living areas?

Residence halls are equipped with high-speed wireless access to the campus network.  Wireless connections are located throughout the academic building.  Each residence hall is equipped with at least one phone jack per floor that provides local calling access.

fold faq What kinds of appliances can I have?

Each residence hall has a vacuum cleaner and iron available for you to use.  A full size kitchen is also located in most residence halls for student usage.   You may bring microwaves and refrigerators in addition to small appliances with completely enclosed coils for use in residence hall rooms (i.e. popcorn poppers, hot pots, coffee makers, etc.).  Large appliances or those with exposed coils may not be stored in rooms (i.e. hot plates, toasters, space heaters, air conditioners).  Due to fire safety regulations no halogen lamps are permitted.

fold faq What are the laundry facilities like?

Washing machines and dryers are located in each residence hall for your convenience.  A laundry card may be purchased from the vending machine located by the Mail Center.  Additional monetary sums may be added to an individual?s card at the vending machine as well.

fold faq Is there a curfew on campus?

We do not require students to be in their rooms at any particular time. We do have "visitation hours."  During these times, students may be in the halls and in the rooms of students of the opposite gender. Visitation hours vary between the residence halls.

fold faq Can I burn candles in my room?

Because of serious fire danger, open flames (including burning candles, incense, lighted potpourri, etc.) are not permitted.  Therefore, we ask that you leave candles and incense items at home.

fold faq Where can I store my bike?

Bike racks are located outside of every residence and the academic building.  During the winter months there is limited indoor bike storage available.

fold faq May I bring my pet to school?

Aquatic species that live underwater may be kept in your room.  Because of health sanitation and safety, animals (including rodents, reptiles, and amphibians) may not be kept in your room.

fold faq What is Crown College's food plan?

Crown College offers three different food plans.  The food service plans are 17 weekly meals with $100 flex dollars, 10 weekly meals with $325 in flex dollars, and 150 meals to use throughout the semester.  Flex dollars can be used in the Storm Café, the Coffee Shop, or for a guest in the Dining Hall. Dining service hours are 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. weekdays. Weekends are limited hours with only brunch and dinner served.  Hours are posted at the dining service entrance.

Students not on a meal plan may have money deposited into their account by contacting Food Services or stopping by the Coffee Shoppe during open hours.

fold faq Is there a snack shop on campus?

The Coffee Shoppe, located in the Student Center, serves a variety of hot and cold coffee drinks, as well as Italian sodas, hot chocolate and assorted teas.  The Storm Café features soups, pizzas, subs, wraps, burgers, and appetizers, as well as fresh "grab & go" selections to fit any craving one might have.  The Coffee Shoppe and the Storm Café accept declining balance dollars, cash, checks and most major credit cards.

fold faq Where will I receive mail and what address should I use?

Mail is delivered to the main building where each student is assigned a mailbox. The following mailing address should be used:

    Jane Doe
    Campus Box (box # assigned during registration)
    8700 College View Drive
    St. Bonifacius, MN 55375

International students

Show all / Hide all

fold faq How do I know if I am an international student?

Students are considered international applicants if they are non-U.S. citizens and do not have a U.S. Permanent Resident visa. A student who has dual citizenship in the U.S. and another country must apply as a U.S. citizen.

fold faq Do I have to be a Christian to apply to Crown College?

Yes. The mission of Crown College is to provide a biblically-based education for Christian leadership in The Christian and Missionary Alliance, the church-at-large, and the world. Crown College graduates are uniquely prepared for professional excellence and Christian leadership.

Crown hires faculty and staff, and admits students, who affirm this mission, our statement of faith, and our community covenant.

fold faq How do I apply to Crown College?

International students interesting in making an application to Crown College should visit our International - Steps To Enroll page.

fold faq When should I apply to Crown College?

As an international student, you should begin the application process as early as possible as you will be working with the College as well as financial institutions, your country's embassy, the U.S. Embassy or Consulate, and the U.S. Department of Immigration and Naturalization Services.

International application is a lengthy process, therefore we strongly encourage international students to apply now.  Deadlines for all required documents are as follows:

  • November 15, 2013 - for Spring Semester 2014 (January 2014 arrival)
  • June 15, 2014 - for Fall Semester 2014 (August 2014 arrival)
  • November 15, 2014 - for Spring Semester 2015 (January 2015 arrival)
  • June 15, 2015 - for Fall Semester 2015 (August 2015 arrival)
fold faq What kind of financial assistance does Crown College offer to international students?

International students are responsible for funding their Crown education. Funds for a full year must be documented before an I-20 allowing entrance into the United States will be issued.  A certified bank letter or statement from the student’s family or sponsor must be provided before an I-20 document can be issued.  This bank letter should verify an amount equal to or exceeding USD $19,900.00.

To assist international students in financing their education, Crown College provides an International Student Tuition Scholarship in the amount of USD $4,000.00 per year beginning Fall semester 2013. Students are also eligible for additional scholarships and grants.  This is determined by the student’s academic record and family financial need

Although Federal Law prohibits international students from working off campus, Crown College offers international students the opportunity to earn up to USD $2,000 per year for on-campus employment to assist in the cost of attendance. If work is available, international students may work up to 15 hours per week while classes are in session and up to 40 hours per week during breaks and throughout the summer. All students are responsible for securing their own work position on campus and are paid directly by check. Crown cannot guarantee on-campus employment for international students.

fold faq What financial documentation does Crown College require for international students?

United States immigration laws require us to verify the ability of international students to pay all tuition and living expenses for the time they are studying in the US. Financial verification must be made prior to institutional issuance of a Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20 or DS-2019).  Information on this verification can be found on the Application for International Undergraduate Admission. Visit the Steps to Enroll page for more details.

fold faq How do I submit my secondary school transcripts?

Ask your secondary school office to post or email your official, certified transcript to Crown College.  This can be done by post to the Crown mailing address or by email if scanned and sent directly from your secondary school office to Mr. Bob Edgar –   Crown may require you to have your transcripts evaluated.  If so you would submit your transcript(s) to EEI (Education Evaluators International, Inc.) for evaluation. To obtain an  EEI evaluation application, contact the Crown College . A $200 fee must accompany the EEI application.

fold faq Does Crown have an English proficiency requirement for international students?

Yes. If English is your primary language, you should take the ACT or the SAT exam.

If English is not your primary language, you must take either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or one of the alternatives listed below.  You must pass the TOEFL paper exam with a minimum score of 500 or the Internet-based exam with a minimum score of 61. You may receive information regarding when and where to take this test by visiting the TOEFL website at

You may take the ACT examination (must score above 18), the SAT examination (must score above 860) or the IELTS examination (must score above 5.0). The TOEFL or IELTS examinations are required if English was not the primary language in your secondary school.

fold faq If I have questions, who should I contact in the Admissions Office?

International students who have questions about admission to Crown may contact Bob Edgar, International Admissions and Recruitment at

fold faq How does Crown College help international students adjust to life in the United States?

In preparation for your arrival at Crown College the International Admissions Office will provide you with information as well as answer any questions you might have.  In addition, Crown College has a designated International/Overseas Orientation specifically designed to assist students adjust to living and studying in the United States. In addition, the Student Development Department at Crown College sponsors Mu Kappa. MuKappa is an organization comprised of international and  overseas students. These students gather regularly for social events such as progressive dinners, movie nights, study sessions, outings, Bible study and various events.  Crown values and embraces diversity.  Our international student, third-culture, and diverse population comprises 20% of our student body.  You will find our faculty, staff and fellow students to be most welcoming!  Most of our staff has served and lived overseas and understands the transition you will experience.  If you have further questions or concerns please be sure to contact Bob Edgar -

Go ahead. Ask your question.

Our compilation of frequently asked questions covers anything from the application process to living on campus. We?ll tell you what you need to know.

Also, don't forget to visit campus. When you come for a visit day, you'll get the chance to ask questions that may arise once you're in the college environment. Visiting Crown will help give you an idea of what to expect when you get here as a student in the fall.

FAQ Search

Do you have a question to which you can't find the answer?  Please feel free to call us at 1-800-68-CROWN or email us at .


Show all / Hide all

fold faq What is a completed application?
  1. The application online or paper
  2. Completed Spiritual Life Essays
  3. Signed Community Covenant
  4. Official high school transcript/college transcript for transfer courses
  5. Official ACT or SAT Scores (ACT Code: 2152 SAT, Code: 6639)
  6. College transcripts are also required from transfer students or students who have taken post-secondary credits while in high school.
Category: Admission
fold faq What is your application deadline?

We have rolling admissions, which means we will take applications any time. However, students must be accepted by the first day of class. PSEO students must be accepted by July 15th. Please view the PSEO section to read about specific deadlines.

Category: Admission
fold faq What ACT/SAT score does Crown require? What score does Crown accept if two or more are sent?

We require a minimum of 18 composite on the ACT and minimum of 860 combined (Math and verbal) on the SAT for standard acceptance. We take the higher score if two or more are sent.

Category: Admission
fold faq What is the minimum GPA required for acceptance?

A minimum 2.0 GPA is required for standard acceptance.  Certain majors may require a higher GPA for acceptance into that department.

Category: Admission
fold faq What do you look for in an applicant?

We are looking for students who have a strong academic record as demonstrated by high school GPA and either the ACT or SAT scores. We also look for students who demonstrate a life of faith, character, and leadership as measured by personal essays. We also weigh student involvements, achievements, and accomplishments in their high school career.

Category: Admission
fold faq How long does the acceptance decision take?

Once we have received all the pieces of your completed application file, it goes through a review process that can take up to 2 weeks.

Category: Admission
fold faq Is there an application fee? Can it be waived?

There is no application fee if you apply before January 1 of your senior year.  After that, the fee will be waived if you visit the campus.

Category: Admission
fold faq How many students are enrolled at Crown?

We have a total of 1269 students. Currently 671 are in the undergraduate program and 598 in our School of Online and Graduate Studies.

Category: Admission
fold faq When/how do I visit campus?

We would love to welcome you to campus! Check out what events we have planned on our event page. Otherwise, fill out the visit form and visit during your junior year/fall of your senior year. We look forward to you visiting!

Category: Admission
fold faq Is there a room deposit required? How much is it? Is it refundable?

Yes.  Students are required to pay an Admissions Deposit of $150 upon their decision to attend Crown.  This deposit is applied to their account.  If the student decides not to attend Crown, it is refundable if requested in writing by May 1st of the same year. 

Category: Admission
fold faq What high school classes does Crown require for acceptance?

We do not require specific classes; however, we strongly recommend 4 years of English, 3 years of social studies and math.

Category: Admission
fold faq Can I attend a class and meet the professor or a coach?

Yes you can! Click here to sign up for a visit. Click the appropriate box and indicate in your "Additional Notes" box if you have any other information. 

Category: Admission
fold faq What are the admission requirements for a transfer student?

The online or paper application, spiritual life essays, community covenant, official high school transcript, and college transcripts, and ACT or SAT scores if transferring fewer than 16 credits within 2 years of high school graduation.

Category: Admission
fold faq Is an interview required?

No. The spiritual life essays meet the requirements of an interview.

Category: Admission
fold faq Will Crown honor a home study program or diploma?

Yes. We will need an official transcript and a cumulative GPA. The transcript should also include a graduation date and signature of the primary educator. Please contact your counselor to determine the best way to submit a homeschool transcript.

Category: Admission
fold faq Will Crown accept a GED?

Yes. Please have the institution that administered your test send us your official scores.

Category: Admission
fold faq How can I appeal the admissions decision?

Students desiring to appeal an admissions decision may direct an appeal, in writing, to the director of admissions. The appeal will be reviewed by the Admissions Council and the Council's decision shall be final. The appeal must be submitted prior to the first day of class for the student's first semester.

Category: Admission

Campus Life

Show all / Hide all

fold faq In what athletic associations, divisions, and conferences does Crown participate?

Crown College is a member of the NCAA Division III –National Collegiate Athletic Association and competes in the Upper Midwest Athletic Conference (UMAC). For updated sports information visit our Crown College Athletics website.

Category: Campus Life
fold faq Do all students have to live on-campus?

All full time students are required to live on-campus until they are 22 years old or are living with parents or another relative. Part time students may live off campus.

Category: Campus Life
fold faq May freshmen have cars on campus?

Yes, they can. A nominal fee per semester is required.

Category: Campus Life
fold faq What is the female to male ratio?

Last year, Crown had approximately 55% females and 45% males.

Category: Campus Life
fold faq What intramural sports are available?

Volleyball, basketball, broomball, disc golf, and ultimate Frisbee.

Category: Campus Life
fold faq What leadership opportunities are available?

Opportunities include: Student Activity Board (SAB), RA (Resident Assistant), FX (Freshmen Experience), Student Senate, Worship Leader/Team, Prayer Ministry Team, GIT (Global Impact Team), Mission Leaders, Community Outreach and Evangelism (CORE) Executive Committee/team, Welcome Weekend Committee/team, Christian Leadership Cohort, Storm Chaser Newspaper Editor, Storm Tracker Yearbook team, SIFE (Students in Free Enterprise), Bible study leaders, SAAC (Student Athlete Advisory Committee).

Category: Campus Life
fold faq Can I visit campus and stay overnight? Do you have special visit days?

Yes! Please schedule a visit with us! We do have special visit days as well as personal visits.

Category: Campus Life
fold faq Where can I park?

When you arrive on campus, you may park in the main parking lot.  The main building is facing you. You may enter through the main doors and will be greeted by the receptionist.

Category: Campus Life
fold faq Are students required to purchase a meal plan?

All undergraduate students residing on campus are required to participate in one of the four food service meal plans.

Please visit our Food Services Plans and Guidelines page for complete details.

Category: Campus Life
fold faq What music groups are on campus?

Choir, Chamber Choir, Women's Choir, worship teams, ministry teams (Life Voice and Encore!), and instrumental ensembles.

Category: Campus Life
fold faq Does Crown sponsor a drama or theater club?

Yes. Encore! is a musical theater ministry that reaches out to the community through the visual arts, drama, comedy, music, and dance. Crown also has opportunities for students in one act plays, as well as musicals.

Category: Campus Life
fold faq Can Crown help me with my career aspirations?

We have a Career Services Office that provides assistance and programs to students in regards to general career guidance, choosing a major, resume & cover letter advice, internship & job search, interview preparation, professional networking & branding, applying to graduate school, and more. 

Also, visit to access our regularly-updated online internship and job posting site.

Category: Campus Life
fold faq What are the on-campus housing options?

Main- Men's, 2-3 people per room; Strohm and Richardson-Women's, 2-4 people per room; Weldin-Women's apartment style, 6 people per apt.; Miller, Hardwick, & Tewinkle-Men's apartment style, 6-8 people per apt.; Faith Village Apartments-Women's 3-5 people per apt. Single rooms are also available.

Category: Campus Life
fold faq May students have private rooms?

Yes, availability is limited and the cost will vary. Students with health needs will receive priority.

Category: Campus Life
fold faq Do the residence halls have laundry facilities?

Each hall has its own washer and dryer. Students may purchase and load money on a laundry card. The laundry card is used like a debit card.

Category: Campus Life
fold faq Is there a curfew?

Crown does not enforce a curfew but our buildings are locked at 7:30 p.m. and open at  7:30 a.m.  during the week. On Saturday, our main door is open from 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Our building is locked during other hours. Security is available to let you in.

Category: Campus Life
fold faq What varsity sports are offered?

Men's: Soccer, Football, Cross Country, Basketball, Baseball, Golf
Women's: Soccer, Volleyball, Cross Country, Basketball, Softball

Category: Campus Life
fold faq What denomination are you affiliated with?

Christian Missionary Alliance. Our students come from a wide variety of denominational backgrounds. 

Category: Campus Life
fold faq What sort of ministries and outreach programs are available to students?

Crown students are involved in many ministries around the Twin Cities. Each student is required to earn four credits of Christian Service. Students have the freedom to choose how they will serve. One of the credits must be within Christian Ministry. Some organizations that students have selected in the past include: local youth groups and churches, mission trips, Feed My Starving Children, Billy Graham Tele Counseling Center, Marie Sandvick Center, and C.O.R.E ((Crown based)Community Outreach and Evangelism).

Category: Campus Life


Show all / Hide all

fold faq Are there tutoring services available on campus?

Yes, our Study Lab offer tutors in all areas of study, including grammar checking and other special services.

Category: Academics
fold faq What is the average class size at Crown?

The average class size is approximately 20 students.

Category: Academics
fold faq Are there any special services to assist students with learning disabilities?

Academic and physical accommodation services are provided to students with disabilities may include the following: advocacy/mediation; notes; test proctoring; tape recorders; audio technology; tutoring; wheelchair access; and accountability.  All students must have a required documentation.

Category: Academics
fold faq What are the majors offered?

Crown College offers over thirty different majors.  For our current list of on-campus degree programs, visit our School of Arts & Sciences Majors page..

Category: Academics
fold faq What courses do freshman usually take?

You will have an advisor who assists you in course selection. Most first year freshman take:


  • Old Testament History
  • New Testament History
  • World Civilization
  • English Composition
  • Writing and Literature
  • Speech
  • History Elective
  • Math elective
  • PE elective
  • Science Elective.

Category: Academics
fold faq How do I register for classes?

We will have various registrations dates in June, July, and August at Crown. You can find those dates here.  If you cannot register over the summer, you will have the opportunity to register during orientation, the week before classes start. Academic advisors will help you put together a course schedule and academic plan.

Category: Academics
fold faq What does it mean to be a full time student?

A full time student takes at least 12 credits per semester. If you drop a course, withdraw from a course, or do not pass a course, and you fall below 12 credits during a semester, you are not considered a full time student during that semester. Athletes MUST have 12 credits to be eligible for varsity athletic participation.

Category: Academics
fold faq When do I need to declare a major?

By the end of your sophomore year. Talk with our career services director to help you assess your strengths and what major would be a good fit.

Category: Academics
fold faq What courses will transfer from other institutions?

You must submit an official transcript to the Admissions Office and once accepted, you will receive a program audit. Classes from an accredited institution with a grade of a C or higher will most likely transfer.

Category: Academics
fold faq Is Crown accredited?

Crown is fully accredited by the North Central Association of the High Learning Commission (NCA) and the Collegiate Commission on Nursing Education( CCNE).

Category: Academics
fold faq What study-abroad options are there?

Many of our students study abroad through different programs. Please visit our study abroad page to see the various programs offered.

Category: Academics
fold faq What are the differences between a private and public education?

At Crown, you will have a more personal approach and emphasis on your individual growth and development. Professors and staff want to prepare students to be competent and have a Christ-like character to be a Christian Leader in the market place.

Category: Academics
fold faq What's the faculty to student ratio?

14:1; Which means for every fourteen students there is one professor.

Category: Academics
fold faq Do you offer an honors program?

Yes. The following are entrance requirements to Crown's honor program:

  • Top 15% of high school class.
  • Grade point average of at least a 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
  • Composite ACT or SAT score in the 85th percentile or above
  • Demonstration of dependable service in a local church

You must also complete the online application. Honors courses include: Critical Thinking and Writing; Writing and Literature; Math and Science; History of Modern Western Thought; Christian Ethics; and Twentieth Century Christian Thinkers. Two honors contract courses are also required in the student's major field of study.  Click here for more information.

Category: Academics
fold faq Is the faculty available outside of classroom hours?

All faculty have office hours available for students. An open door policy is encouraged as well. Many of the students will be invited into the homes of faculty members.

Category: Academics

Honors Program

Show all / Hide all

fold faq Can I be an Honors student regardless of my major?

Yes. The Honors Program is compatible with all majors.

fold faq Will I have time to participate in other campus activities and clubs while enrolled in the Honors Program?

Yes. Most Honors students participate in activities ranging from athletic teams to music performance to Student Senate. Honors students often hold part-time jobs on or off campus.

fold faq Does the Honors Program require me to take extra credits in order to graduate?

No. Students enrolled in the program take advanced general education courses that replace and satisfy standard general education requirements as well as complete special Honors projects within their major field of study.

fold faq Why should I be in the Honors Program?

Joining and maintaining membership in the Honors Program provides students with an advanced academic education, an intellectual challenge and life-changing opportunities for growth and success.