Aviands Food Services
Food service at Crown College is provided by A'viands Food and Services Management
What we offer
Crown Dining Center is a full-service cafeteria that offers fresh, made from scratch entrees, full service salad bar, deli bar, along with assorted desserts and beverages. We also have display cooking along with theme specials throughout the month.
The Coffee Shoppe
The Coffee Shoppe proudly services Caribou Coffee, along with Smoothies and Italian Sodas. It's a place to grab a candy bar or energy drink. You can also add money to your flex account at The Coffee Shoppe.
The Storm Café offers anything from burgers and quesadillas to sizzling salads as well as daily specials. There's something for everyone!
If your looking for a job to work around your school schedule and stay close to home, stop by the Crown Food Service Office to fill out an application.
Meal Plan General Guidelines
- All resident students participate in a Meal Plan.
- Residents are responsible for paying the entire board cost even if meals are not eaten.
- Meal Plans do not include Thanksgiving vacation or Spring Break/Easter.
- Meal plans are chosen for an entire semester and may only be changed at registration for the next semester.
- All meals are served in the Crown Dining Room. You may not remove food from the Dining Room, except for hand fruit and a ice cream cone.
- Every time you enter the Dining Room, you will be charged for an entire meal.
- Nineteen meals are offered throughout the week. You may choose which ones you want to eat. If you use up your weekly meal allowance, you may use your FLEX money to purchase additional meals.
- Meals can only be used by the purchaser. To treat a friend, you can use your FLEX dollars.
- Remember to use your plan wisely. FLEX dollars are offered to give flexibility and should be used to augment the meals offered in your plan.
- FLEX dollars can be used in the Crown Dining Room, Storm Café, or the Coffee Shop.
- FLEX dollars can be carried from 1st semester into 2nd semester but not from year to year, but can only carry over $100.00 cap.
- If your FLEX dollars run low, you may add to your account with cash, check, money order, or credit card by visiting the Coffee Shop.
Dining Room Hours
Monday - Friday
7:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
11:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
4:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Saturday / Sunday
11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
4:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Storm Cafe Hours
Monday - Thursday
10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m
Coffee Shoppe Hours
Monday - Friday
7:30 am - 10:00 pm
1:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Meal Plan Options (2014-2015)
15 Meal Plan
15 weekly meals in Crown Dining Center;
10 Meal Plan
10 weekly meals in Crown Dining Center;
7 Meal Plan
7 weekly meals in Crown Dining Center;
75 meals during semester in Crown Dining Center;
Please see the additional information about the meal plan program at the bottom of this page.
General Program Information
All undergraduate students residing on campus are required to participate in one of the four food service meal plans. College freshman are required to participate in the 15 Meal plan; there are 19 possible meal choices in an academic week without breaks. Meal plan exceptions may be granted for a dietary related allergy illness that has been diagnosed by a practicing MEDICAL DOCTOR and that cannot be reasonably accommodated by the food service provider. This form is available on the Food service section of the my.crown webpage.
Dining service hours are 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. weekdays. Weekends are limited hours with brunch and dinner served. Hours are posted at the dining service entrance. Students not on a meal plan may have money deposited into their account by contacting Food Services or stopping by the Coffee Shoppe during open hours.
Meal Plan Policy Highlights:
- Flex Dollars do carry over from semester to semester (with a maximum carry over of $150), but do not carry over year-to-year.
- Students are charged for a full meal each time they enter the Dining Hall.
- Students MUST present a valid College ID card/meal card at all registers.
- Student ID cards and meal plans may not be shared.
- Students who utilize their weekly meal allowance may use FLEX dollars to purchase additional meals.
- Food service is provided during fall and winter breaks, but not during Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring, Easter, or Summer breaks.
Boxed Lunch Availability
A box lunch may be obtained in place of a meal if requested 24 hours in advance. To do this, please download, print, and fill out the box lunch request form from the food service website and bring it to any Food Service staff member. Box lunch options are numerous and always include fresh fruits, vegetables, salad options, and snack options.
Medical Exemptions and Special Dietary Needs
Students with medical/dietary concerns may be granted an exemption to the meal plan if their needs cannot be adequately met through the food service program. Crown College Food Service is willing to make special accommodations to work with students to meet their dietary needs and certain exemption requests may not be granted.
Students must submit information from their medical doctor on a "Food Plan Exemption" for available from Student Development, from the Operations Office, and online at my.crown.edu/student-services/food-services/meal-plan/. The Meal Plan Exemption Committee will evaluate the exemption form and will determine whether the food service can accommodate modifications to the student's nutritional plan or whether another exemption is in order. The committee will keep all personal health information strictly confidential.
The newest dated form will be honored.