Hello Crown Community!
I have shared, with many of you, that we will do our very best to provide you with the most normal experience possible on campus during COVID-19. However, over the past forty-eight hours, our campus has seen an uptick in COVID-19 positive cases. After reviewing the COVID-19 numbers and speaking with the Student Development department, the Cabinet and I have decided to take additional steps to mitigate continued spread. Below, you will find our COVID-19 Protocols and Guidelines updates, including masking changes and quarantine adjustments.
In addition, we have made the difficult decision to cancel Chapel for the week beginning tonight (Sunday) evening. I will let you know as soon as possible when we will return to Chapel, but we are hopeful we will return for Deeper Life on September 8th.
As a reminder, if you are showing COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home. Students, if you are sick, your first contact is your RD or the Student Development office. Employees, if you are sick, please contact Human Resources and your supervisor.
If you do not have a mask, we have some available for you at the Student Development office.
COVID-19 Crown Community Updated Protocols and Guidelines:
Our current COVID Level is between Level Blue and Level Yellow.
- Quarantine – if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 (CDC definition)
- Isolation – if sick and believe or know you have COVID-19 (CDC definition)
- Exposure – being less than 6ft from someone for more than 15 minutes or more throughout 24 hours (MDH definition)
- COVID-19 Symptoms according to MDH – fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, headache, muscle pain, sore throat, fatigue, congestion or runny nose, or loss of taste or smell.
- Students – Contact Student Development –RD, Ezra (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Health Services (email@example.com) and professors for any classes you may miss.
- Faculty and Staff – Contact Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org) and your direct supervisor.
EXPOSURE, SYMPTOMS, and COVID-19 POSITIVE (please read carefully as this has changed)
- Exposure without symptoms – please monitor your symptoms, and it is recommended you test after day five. You do not need to quarantine.
- If you have been exposed and feel you must quarantine, you may contact student Development to discuss the official quarantine process.
- Exposure with symptoms & symptoms with no known exposure – if you have symptoms, please stay home or in your assigned room to quarantine.
- If you have known exposure, you will want to test 5-7 days from the date of that exposure. Email or call your key contact to alert them of your quarantine.
- If your test is negative, you may return to work or class after speaking with your key contact to be cleared.
- If your test is positive, please talk with your key contact about COVID-19 positive protocols.
- Students who stay on campus will quarantine in their assigned rooms.
- Meal delivery service available for any student who may need one.
- COVID-19 Positive – – if you test positive for COVID-19, you will need to isolate and contact your key contact to discuss return to work or class dates. You may return to work at least ten days after initial symptoms or a positive COVID-19 test if you are symptom-free, fever-free, and off of fever-reducing medicine. We have isolation rooms and meal delivery service available for any students who may need one.
MASKS (please read carefully as this has changed)
- Masks are required in all classrooms.
- Masks are required in any indoor setting where 3ft. physical distancing is not possible.
- Masks are not required in the Weight Room, Fitness Center, or on an athletic team practicing or competing.
- Masks are required during all transportation and bussing for athletics.
- Masks are highly recommended for any shared transportation among students or employees.
- Masks are optional anywhere specifically not mentioned above.
- *There are a few places on campus where masking may be required due to office protocols. Please remember your mask to enter these offices. Any office with masking requirements will have specific signage on the door.
- At this point, we will not be limiting the size of gatherings.
I would personally like to thank our amazing Student Development team for their work caring for the health and safety of our students this past week. As we have all learned over the past year and a half since COVID-19 first appeared, things can change quickly. The Cabinet and I will be monitoring our COVID-19 situation weekly and will provide updates as necessary.
It continues to be my firm belief that the Lord has an incredible year ahead for Crown. Let’s continue to pray and encourage each other. Thank you for your continued grace as we navigate COVID-19.