Chapter 1607

Chapter 1607: Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)

You may be eligible for these benefits if:

  • You are a Reservist or National Guard member.
  • You served on active duty on or after September 11, 2001, for at least 90 consecutive days.

Documentation Process

Please complete and submit the appropriate forms below (originals or copies) to the Registrar’s Office at Crown College.

If you have never applied and you are eligible for Chapter 1606, submit:

  1. Application for VA Benefits (22-1990)
  2. Change of Program or Place of Training (22-1995) with “Application for Chapter 1607” noted at the top of the form
  3. Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE)
  4. Kicker Agreement (Optional)
  5. Discharge from Active Duty (DD214)
  6. Request for Enrollment Certification (PDF)

If you have previously used your benefits at a different institution or have not attended Crown for one year or longer, or are currently certified under Chapter 1606, submit:

  1. Change of Program of Place of Training (22-1995) with “Application for Chapter 1607” noted at the top of the form
  2. Discharge from Active Duty (DD214)
  3. Request for Enrollment Certification (PDF)

Education Benefit Information

If you enroll full-time, you will receive a monthly stipend for personal use of up to $1,431.20.

Your monthly stipend will be reduced proportionately if you enroll part time. Visit the VA website for information on current rates.

If you are eligible for a kicker under Chapter 1606, you will continue to receive the kicker through Chapter 1607.