On-Campus Scholarships & Grants
Crown College offers a variety of institutional scholarships and grants that serve as financial aid for our out-of-state and Minnesota Christian College students. In order to receive all institutional scholarships, a student must complete a FAFSA, be accepted and enrolled full-time, demonstrate financial need and maintain satisfactory academic progress.
Scholarships & Grant:
- Academic Scholarship
Academic Scholarships are available to full-time new freshmen, transfer and continuing students.
Award amount is based on a combination of cumulative high school GPA (unweighted) and ACT/SAT score.
Scholarship 2020-21 Dollar Amount Trustee’s Scholarship $13,000 President’s Scholarship $12,000 Dean’s Scholarship $10,000 Admissions Scholarship $9,000 Promise Grant $7,000
New Transfer Students
Award is based on cumulative college GPA.
Transfer GPA Scholarship 2020-21 Dollar Amount 3.25 – 4.0 Transfer Faculty Scholarship $11,000 2.5 – 3.249 Transfer Director’s Scholarship $9,000 2.0 – 2.499 Transfer Ambassador’s Scholarship $7,000 < 2.0 Transfer Support Grant $5,000
Academic Scholarship Renewal
Students must be enrolled full-time and maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress to renew their scholarship each year.
- Christian & Missionary Alliance Tuition Discount
Minimum of 50% off tuition in 2020-2021.
Any student attending a C&MA church will receive a minimum of a 50% discount off of tuition. This amount will be locked in as long a student remains a full-time student.
The amount will not increase year over year as tuition increases.
- PSEO Scholarship
Students who attended Crown PSEO and enrolled as a full-time first year student will receive a $2,000 scholarship.
Total aid will not exceed 50% of tuition.
- JD Williams Scholarship
Named after the founder of Crown College, this unique invitation-only event is an opportunity for exceptional high school seniors who have demonstrated a high level of service, strong academic performance, and potential for Christian leadership. Scholarship awards range from $2,000 to $7,000 are awarded in addition to any other financial aid you might receive.
Join us Friday, February 7, 2020 for the Crown College JD Williams Scholarship event. This highly competitive event features interviews with a faculty panel, a group dynamic project, participation in mock classes, chapel and keynote speaker.
To be considered for a JD Williams Scholarship, candidates must:
- Submit a complete application including Service Essay
- Have a high school GPA of 2.75 or above
- Have an ACT score of 18 or above
Dates & Deadlines for 2019-2020:
Monday, January 6 – Deadline to Apply
- Must be Accepted to Crown to be considered for an invitation* You do not need to be accepted in order to apply for the scholarship, but must be accepted in order to receive an invitation to the event.
- Eligibility is based on GPA and service essay.
Monday, January 13 — Invitations to be sent to qualified applicants
Friday, January 31 — Deadline to RSVP
Friday, February 7 — Event will be held at Crown College
Friday, February 14 — Crown will notify all participants of the results
- Students who participate in the event but do not receive a competitive award will receive a $500 travel reimbursement (applicable for the first year at Crown only) and keep their existing Academic Scholarship.
- Students participating in the JD Williams Scholarship event are invited to stay on campus overnight.
- Parents are encouraged to attend.
Questions: email@example.com or 1-800-68-CROWN (27696)
- Founders Scholarship
Scholarship available to dependent children of a C&MA licensed worker. The qualifying ministry must be the primary family income source. The maximum award amount is $2,000 per year. Must demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA.
- Heritage Scholarship
Scholarship available to students with siblings attending Crown full-time in the Arts and Sciences program or whose parent has completed two years or more of coursework at Crown College/St. Paul Bible College. The maximum award amount is $1,000 per year. Must demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA.
- International Student Scholarship
Crown College offers all international students an International Student Grant. The purpose of this grant is to assist students who are ineligible for federal, state and private grants in the United States. The criteria includes the following:
- All incoming international students who enroll in an on-campus program at Crown College will receive an International Student Grant amounting to a 50% discount on tuition.
- All international students who enroll in an online degree program at Crown and are affiliated with a CMA church outside the U.S. are eligible to receive an International Student Grant amounting to a 25% discount on tuition.
- Recipients of the International Student Grant for on-campus students must be enrolled as full-time students (12 credits per semester minimum) at Crown College.
- U.S. citizens whose families reside abroad are not eligible for the International Student Grant. These students are eligible to apply for federal, state and institutional grants, scholarships and loans.
- Students having dual citizenship (e.g., British and American) are considered U.S. citizens. These students are not eligible for the International Student Grant. They are eligible to apply for federal aid, as well as other institutional grants and scholarships.
- Pastoral Leadership Scholarship
Are you a young adult who senses the call to pastoral ministry? Are you concerned about the time and money that it might take to complete your undergraduate and seminary training? Are you looking for a place to be mentored and prepared for a life of ministry impact? Crown’s Pastoral Leadership Scholarship is an initiative designed to:
- Prepare young leaders (under 25 years of age) who are called to pastoral ministry.
- Accelerate their training so that they complete an undergraduate and seminary degree (MA or M.Div.) in just five years.
- Save students $9,000 – $18,000 in graduate tuition.
- Provide a mentoring community to those committed to accelerated ministry training.
The Pastoral Leadership Initiative is a flexible program providing the option for both On-Campus and Online students to combine an undergraduate and graduate degree. The following degree tracks are currently a part of this program.
For School of Arts and Sciences (On-Campus) students:
- BA in Pastoral Leadership + MA in Christian Studies (2.5 GPA required)
- BA in Pastoral Leadership + Master of Divinity Studies (3.0 GPA required)
For more information about these Accelerated Degree Options go to the BA in Pastoral Leadership degree.
For School of Online Studies (Online) students:
- BS in Christian Ministry + MA in Christian Studies S (3.0 GPA required)
- BS in Christian Ministry + Master of Divinity Studies (3.5 GPA required)
For more information about these Accelerated Degree Options go to the online BS in Christian Ministry degree.
As an added benefit, students who meet the Pastoral Leadership Scholarship criteria will be eligible to receive:
- $500 per semester during their junior and senior year
- $1000 per semester during their 5th year of graduate work for the M.A. or $1500 per semester during their 5th year of graduate work for the M.Div.
- Outside Scholarships
In addition to financial aid awarded by Crown College, students can apply for outside scholarships. Scholarship search sites, such as www.FastWeb.com, SallieMae.com/scholarship, and Tuition Funding Sources provide thousands of nation-wide scholarships. You can also search for outside scholarships in your community. Any connections you and your family have to organizations or businesses may offer scholarships that are not advertised.
Applying for outside scholarships can take a lot of time and effort. Being prepared with a good application and well-written essay is the best way to make your search pay off. Scholarship opportunities can arise at any time, so continue to search throughout your college education.
If you do receive an outside scholarship, funds can be sent to:
Crown College Financial Aid Office
8700 College View Drive
St. Bonifacius, MN 55375
For more information and helpful FAQ, click here.
- Pell Grant
Qualifications: Must be an undergraduate, degree-seeking student with qualifying financial need who does not have a prior bachelor’s degree.
Dollar Amount: Awards range from $606 to $6,195 per year.
Application Requirements: Applicants must complete the FAFSA.
- Minnesota State Grant
Qualifications: All Minnesota residents who are enrolled for at least three credits per term and are working towards a degree or certificate may apply for the Minnesota State Grant. Missionaries who had Minnesota residency before going to the mission field and have continued to file Minnesota State tax forms are considered Minnesota residents for the purposes of this program.
Minnesota State Grant awards are contingent upon approval of state funding levels and are subject to change. Award amounts are based on an assumed enrollment of 15 credits per semester and can be adjusted downward, according to the state’s formula once enrollment is confirmed. The state only provides funding to undergraduate students through their fourth year of education.
Dollar Amount: State Grant awards range from $100 to more than $10,000 per year.
Application Requirements: Applicants must complete the FAFSA.
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
Federal grant awarded to undergraduate students with exceptional financial need who do not have a prior bachelor’s degree. Limited funds are available. Awards range from $100 to $3,000 a year. Applicants must complete the FAFSA.
- Crown Ministerial Grant
A grant for dependent students of full-time pastors or missionaries. The ministry must be the primary family income source. The parents should be either ordained or licensed by their denomination and active in ministry. Maximum award amount is $1,000 a year. Must demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA.