Crown College engages in ongoing, holistic, campus-wide research to enhance our educational practice. By effectively conducting institutional research, Crown College can better serve our many constituents now and into the future. Our goal is to provide up-to-date information in a reasonable amount of time to make the best decisions we can using all the data we have.
Institutional Effectiveness provides evidence-based information to faculty, staff, and administration. This information creates a culture of data-driven decision making for continuous improvement.
Crown College is committed to achieving its mission, vision, values, and goals through strategic planning, assessment, and retention of students. These three key components form the basis for achieving institutional effectiveness. These areas have a significant impact on the quality of education that students experience today and into the future.
Mission, Values, and Institutional Student Goals
(Revised October 2012)
Mission of the Crown College
The mission of Crown College is to provide a Biblically based education for Christian Leadership in the Christian & Missionary Alliance, the church at large, and the world.
Values and Goals
The college seeks to provide an education that is Christ centered, academically excellent and globally connected to undergraduate and graduate students. These values are evident to the extent as Crown College students:
- Demonstrate knowledge, skill, and attitudes appropriate to their fields and levels of studies.
- Demonstrate written and oral expression observing the conventions of their discipline.
- Integrate a field of study with a Christian perspective.
- Illustrate a life of learning enabled with critical thinking skills
- Apply ethical principles that are consistent with Biblical values.
- Apply intercultural understanding and engagement to serve in a diverse world.
- Appreciate cultural and ethnic diversity.