Ken Castor, D.Min.
Professor of Christian Ministry Studies
Department: Biblical, Theological & Ministry Studies
Bachelor of Arts in Ministry Studies, Taylor University
Master of Divinity, Regent College
Doctor of Ministry, Trinity Western University
Association of Youth Ministry Educators (AYME, Board member), Christian and Missionary Alliance Youth, NEXT Ministry Conference (Founder/Director)
Youth and Family Ministry; Faith Development of Youth; Family Ministry; Children & Family Ministry; Spiritual and Leadership Development; Social Justice; Engaging Culture in a Post-Postmodern World; Internship Practicum.
How Your Program Is Unique Here:
In addition to the classroom experience, we offer a half-year internship immersion that provides an incredible hands-on opportunity for training. By graduation, students are prepared to work in the local church or in related nonprofit, social work or parachurch settings as visionary leaders and ministry mentors.
God got a hold of me as a kid through the example set by my dad. Since then, I have made it my life’s aim to grow down deeper into life with Jesus every day
Favorite Bible Verse:
“And now just as you’ve accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, continue to live in obedience to him. Let your roots grow down into him and draw up nourishment from him, being built strong and vigorous in the truth you’ve been taught. Let your lives overflow with thanksgiving for all he has done.” – Colossians 2:6-7
I worked as a youth and young adult pastor for more than 20 years in Canada and the U.S.
How You Define “Academic Excellence”:
Equipping effective articulation and practice of faith in Jesus in such a way that that the next generations might be enabled to do same.
What Students Say About Your Classes:
That learning can actually be fun and inspiring: In my classes students root deeply into biblical, theological and Jesus-centered soil so that they’ll be enabled to stand passionately and confidently in life-long ministry.
- Book: Make A Difference: 365 World-Changing Devotions (Broadstreet Publishing, 2016)
- Book: Grow Down: How to Build a Jesus-Centered Faith (Group Publishing, 2014)
- Blue-Letters Editor” for the Jesus-Centered Bible (Group Publishing, 2015) *2016 Retailers Devotional/Study Bible of the Year
- Book: Co-authored with Katie Edwards, The Skinny on Discipleship (Group Publishing, 2015)
- Ken contributed significantly to the Jesus-Centered Life Bible (Group Publishing, 2015)
- Ken is a regular contributor to Group Magazine
- Ken contributed significantly to the LIVE High School Small Group Curriculum (Group Publishing, 2014) and LIVE Books of the Bible Small Group Curriculum (Group Publishing, 2016)
- Chapter: “The Generational Transfer of Faith and Leadership” in Teaching the Next Generation, edited by Terry Linhart (Baker Academic, 2015)
- Ken’s published works also include hundreds of articles related to next generation ministry leadership and spiritual formation in multiple online and print resources.
- “Enabling Generational Transference of Ministry Leadership in the Local Church,” Doctoral Diss. Trinity Western University, 2010.