About Crown College
- Founded in 1916 as St. Paul Bible Institute; changed name to Crown College in 1992
- Located about 30 minutes west of Minneapolis, Minnesota
- A four-year, private Christian college with more than 40 accredited majors
- On-campus degrees offered through School of Arts and Sciences
- Online and Graduate degrees offered through School of Online Studies & Graduate School
- Student body of nearly 1,300 students, representing 40 countries, with 20 percent of on-campus students attending from diverse cultures
- Student/faculty ratio of 14:1 and more than 70 percent of our faculty hold Doctorate degrees
- Nestled into 215 acres of majestic oaks, rolling hills, sparkling lakes and walking trails
- Affiliated with the Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA) denomination, providing global access to more than 13,000 churches in more than 80 countries
- Crown alumni serve God in nearly every time-zone around the world
- Ranked among the “Best Midwest Regional Colleges” by US News & World Report
- Recognized as a Military Friendly School by G.I. Jobs
The mission of Crown College is to provide a biblically-based education for Christian leadership in the Christian and Missionary Alliance, the church-at-large and the world. The Crown College experience is more than just a degree—it equips students to do what they do best, whether that’s as a nurse, a video technician, a teacher, a pastor or a business leader. It means taking the skills, talents and passions that God has given to our students and showing them how to impact the world.
Christians prepared to serve and influence the world.
Crown College receives outstanding support from the community and corporations in the area, and partnerships with the College are continually formulated in locations across the country and throughout the world.
- Christ-Centered – a curriculum and community that is focused on Christ
- Academic Excellence – preparing students for a wide range of professional careers
- Globally Connected – interaction with learning communities and cultures around the world
- Affordable – an exceptional private college education, more affordable than others in the area
- The Crown College Logo
The Crown College Logo
The crest and the word mark symbolize commitment to academic excellence. Placement of the stylized crown, acknowledging Christ as King, represents the college’s role in the world (symbolized by gray) to equip students for moving heavenward (signified by majestic purple) through knowledge of, and reliance on, Jesus Christ.
- Ranked in the “Top 10 Most Affordable Christian Colleges in the Midwest” by the Council of Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU)
- 98 percent of our students receive financial aid
- Average cash outlay (2012-13) is $10,320
- Tuition is 20-40 percent less than most other private Christian colleges in the area
- Athletics, Fine Arts & More at Crown
- More than 25 percent of Crown students participate on one or more of our 16 NCAA-Division III athletics teams that compete in the Upper Midwest Athletic Conference (UMAC)
- Crown is the only C&MA-affiliated college in the country with a football team
- New Athletic Stadium, Klein Bank Stadium, opened in Fall 2013
- For 30 years, our Music Department has performed “Christmas in Crown Chapel,” a community tradition
- More than 50 percent of graduating seniors will have gone on at least one short-term missions trip while at Crown
- Campus includes a highly-ranked 18-hole disc golf course and miles of walking/running trails
The level of commitment to a Christ-centered education sets Crown College apart from other Christian colleges today.Crown has a legacy, since 1916, of preparing students to serve and influence the world. Our students, faculty, staff and administration are passionate about their faith – it is woven into the fabric of every course, activity and event at Crown. The campus is alive with prayer, service, student ministries and supportive friendships that build up the body of believers at Crown and prepare students for a life-long journey with God.As part of this commitment, every graduate of Crown’s School of Arts and Sciences is equipped with a dual major – one in Christian Studies and one for the student’s specific calling – so that every student is prepared to serve and influence the world in all facets of their personal and professional lives after graduation.
Crown College is a member of the Council of Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU). This group of less than 120 accredited institutions in the U.S. and Canada holds a strong commitment to Christian higher education, hires full-time Christian faculty and administration and has sound finance.
Crown College is consistently ranked among the “Best Midwest Regional Colleges,” according to U.S. News & World Report. In addition, Crown’s School of Online Studies & Graduate School rank among the nation’s “Top Online Programs,” according to U.S. News & World Report, and rank in the “Top 10 Online Christian Colleges,” according to TheBestColleges.org. With more than 40 accredited degree programs, international missions and honors programs, Crown offer students rich learning opportunities that will equip students with knowledge, skills and relevant real-world experiences to be effective in career, ministry and life.
Every opportunity for academic excellence is engaged at Crown – small class sizes, low student-to-faculty ratios, rich learning environments and passionate faculty. Crown’s dedicated professors – comprised of PhD’s, pastors, business executives, theologians, counselors and professionals – represent some of the finest educators anywhere and students are challenged at every level.
Crown College is accredited by the North Central Association of The Higher Learning Commission, and Crown’s nursing program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and is approved by the Minnesota Board of Nursing. The first-time success rate of NCLEX-RN candidates graduating from Crown’s Nursing Department in the last two years is better than 94 percent.
See our Accreditation section to learn more about Crown’s Accreditations and Affiliations.
Thousands of Crown College alumni are spread over nearly every time zone in the world and are the ongoing legacy of Crown’s global impact. Global relationships present extraordinary opportunities for students to participate in experiences just about anywhere on the planet and are often catalysts for transformative learning and growth.More than 18 percent of our Crown student body represents more than 40 countries. Every year, our Global Impact Team engages students in learning more about cultures near and far. Our affiliation with the Alliance church opens up access to churches and connections in more than 80 countries around the world.
Crown offers an exceptional Christian college experience at a more affordable price than others in the area. Because we are committed to the whole student—mind, body and spirit—we believe the education we offer is an unmatched value. Investing in a private Christian college education from Crown means you understand the value of integrating your faith into your future and understand the importance of preparing yourself to serve and influence the world.Please visit Crown’s Tuition & Financial Aid to learn more about our scholarships, grants and loans, as well as our Net Price Calculator.