Earn College Credit while you're still in High School. Brilliant!
The Postsecondary Enrollment Option (PSEO) at Crown College is a smart way for academically-advanced high school students to get a head start on a college education, especially from a private Christian college in Minnesota like Crown.
PSEO is state-funded and allows high school juniors and seniors to complete high school requirements at the college level. Students earn high school and college credit simultaneously, allowing them to graduate from high school and start earning college credit early.
Crown offers PSEO classes to all qualifying students who reside in Minnesota, including students enrolled in public and private schools, as well as high school students in Minnesota who are being educated in homeschools. The State of Minnesota covers the complete cost of tuition and educational expenses, including books and class fees. PSEO credits are accepted by most colleges across the nation.
Crown College offers two PSEO options...
PSEO Residential Program: for MN high school seniors who have earned a minimum of a 3.25 GPA. PSEO Residential students live and study much like freshman at Crown...they live in the dorms, participate in student life and take freshman classes. (Please note: Room and board is not covered by the State of Minnesota and is the responsibility of the student.)
PSEO Commuter Program: for MN high school juniors OR seniors who have earned a minimum of a 3.25 GPA. Typically, students in this program enroll full-time, so the challenge of balancing high school and PSEO commitments at Crown need to be considered. Students must provide their own transportation.
For any questions about Crown's PSEO program, please contact our Admissions team or call us at 1.68.CROWN.
For more information about PSEO in Minnesota, click here to learn more from the Minnesota Department of Education.
PSEO application deadline was April 1, 2013
Final decisions regarding students accepted to the program will be June 15th.
Steps to Enroll
To Gain Acceptance:
- Complete and submit the Crown College Application for Admission
- Request an official transcript be sent to Crown College from your high school.
- Have your high school counselor complete and sign the Crown College PSEO Waiver Form and the State of Minnesota PSEO Notice of Student Registration form.
- Have your parent(s) complete and sign both of these forms (the Crown College PSEO Waiver Form and the State of Minnesota PSEO Notice of Student Registration form).
- Your recruiter will be contacting you to set up an interview. These are short and informal interviews, but are mandatory of all students NOT living on campus.
1. If living on campus, secure your room by paying the $150 deposit. You can contact your recruiter for information about how to pay.
2. Sign up for a New Student Registration Day.
NOTE: Crown College only accepts 30 PSEO students per year. To ensure you are on of the 30, apply and complete your application as early as possible.