Academy of Music
The Crown College Academy of Music is a comprehensive music program of private instruction, designed to accommodate the growing needs of the community at large. The goal of the Academy is to provide a supportive and enriching learning environment in which each student can develop a greater understanding and appreciation of music to the glory of God. The Academy is committed to providing quality musical instruction by highly qualified faculty and trained music students from the College.
Availability of lessons changes each year. Lessons are taught based on the availability of instructors. Most lessons occur between 3:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday.
SUMMER 2013 LESSONS: PIANO with student instructors Jesse Schmidt (Mon-Thur 3-4 or 7-8); Skye Bonati (Tues & Thurs); Maddie Sorensen (Mon-Thurs after 5, Fri daytime); GUITAR with student instructor Chan Kim (Mon-Fri morning, afternoon or evening hours). Summer lessons available ad hoc - schedule as you are available. Please
For the most updated information, or to obtain a registration form, contact JLeigh Wohlgemuth, Academy Coordinator, at 952-446-4231 or email .
All Academy instructors are chosen because of their love for music, their commitment to their faith, and their desire to share music with others. Instructors choose their own teaching methods and tailor lessons to individual student interests, levels and abilities.
- Jared Anderson, student level, guitar
- Francisco Artieda, student level, guitar
- Skye Bonati, student level, piano
- Maranatha Elmhorst, student level, piano
- Vince Elmhorst, student level, saxophone
- Ashlee Hathaway, student level, voice and flute
- Joanna Johnson, student level, violin
- Rachel Kieffer, student level, piano and voice
- Chan Kim, student level, guitar
- Meghan Mahoney, graduate level I, flute, piano, acoustic guitar
- Ryan Mahoney, graduate level I, drums, guitar (electric, bass, acoustic)
- Jesse Schmidt, student level, piano
- Maddie Sorensen, student level, piano
- JLeigh Wohlgemuth, graduate level II, piano