Funding Your Education as an International Student

Crown College seeks to offer competitive scholarships to international student applicants. However, our Financial Aid Office will only be able to supply a portion of the necessary funding to experience a college education at Crown. Students are encouraged to consider all financial obligations (such as medical insurance, transportation to/from Crown, etc.) when making their application.

Strict United States Department of Immigration and Naturalization Services (INS) laws require us to verify the ability of international students to pay all tuition and living expenses for the time they are studying in the U.S. Therefore, all international student applicants are required to submit the Financial Statement and the Official Certification of Sources of Funds contained in the Application for International Undergraduate Admission.  Please contact Bob Edgar  with any questions.

International Student Grant  

Crown College now offers all international students an International Student Grant.  The purpose of this grant is to assist students who are ineligible for federal, state, and private grants in the United States.  The criteria includes the following: 

  1. All incoming international students will receive a $4,000 U.S. Crown Grant.
  2. Recipients of the International Student Grant must be enrolled as full-time day students (12 credits per semester minimum.)
  3. International students may also apply for other Crown grants and scholarships.  For a complete list of these awards please see this page.  
  4. U.S. citizens whose families reside abroad are not eligible for the International Student Grant.  These students are eligible to apply for federal, state and institutional grants, scholarships, and loans.
  5. Students having dual citizenship (i.e. British and American) are considered U.S. citizens.  These students are not eligible for the International Student Grant.  They are eligible to apply for federal aid as well as other institutional grants and scholarships.  

Financial Aid

The Crown College Financial Aid Office has an alternative loan that international students may apply for, but the student must have a U.S. citizen with a permanent U.S. address to co-sign.  College personnel may not co-sign for this loan. Contact Bob Edgar -  with any questions.