Military Veterans

Military Veterans

Military Friendly College | Yellow Ribbon School

You served us. Now, let us serve you.

At Crown College, our motto is, “Called to Serve. Prepared to Lead.” Since Crown’s founding in Minnesota in 1916, the College has been equipping leaders to make an impact wherever they are called; the mission field, the marketplace or the military. Our focus on service led us to being named a military-friendly college. If you are looking for a Yellow Ribbon school, take a moment to learn more about the benefits we offer our active duty and veteran students.

What makes Crown a military-friendly college?

We offer several active military and veterans education benefits, including:

  • Fully-accredited degree programs can help you transition to your next career
  • Traditional on-campus undergraduate programs as well as online undergraduate and graduate degree programs that are 100% online, offering you maximum choices, flexibility, and convenience
  • Degree costs may be covered in full by your GI Bill. You can apply for a scholarship if your tuition is not covered by TA or the GI Bill
  • We accept the ACE recommended credits for military transcripts and credit for prior learning assessments are available
  • Dedicated counselors to assist you through the admissions process

Meet one of our Military Students

Steps to Enroll

Our advisers are specifically trained to assist veterans through every step of the admissions process. If you have any questions – from transfer credits to GI Bill coverage to financial aid – we are here to serve you.

Step One: Select Your Degree and Program Format (on-campus / online)

Crown College offers a wide range of degree options including traditional, on-campus programs at our main campus in St. Bonifacius, MN and online undergraduate and master-level degree programs available through our School of Online Studies.

Step Two: Apply to Crown

Our streamlined applications take less than five minutes to complete.  Select the application for your program of interest:

Undergraduate On-Campus degree programs

Online Undergraduate degree programs

Online Graduate degree programs

Step Three:  Request Your Transcripts

Crown promotes a military-friendly transfer policy by accepting military transcripts (AARTS, SMART, and CCAF) and additional prior learning assessments (CLEP, AP, and DSST). With a large amount of elective credits available in the online bachelor’s programs, these transfer credits can often help fulfill the elective requirements. When working through the enrollment process, be sure to have all your transcripts sent to Crown to maximize your previous learning.

Transcript Requests:

On-Campus Programs – Official transcripts must be sent directly to Crown College from the college or post-secondary institution in a sealed letterhead envelope.

Online Undergraduate and Graduate Programs – You may use the Transcript Request Form (pdf) or contact your institution directly.  Official transcripts must be sent directly to Crown College from the college or post-secondary institution in a sealed letterhead envelope

Step Four:  Apply for Financial Aid and/or Additional VA Benefits

As a veteran, you may be eligible for education benefits provided by the  U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (USDVA).  Visit the Crown College Registrar’s Office for more information about VA educational benefits

For traditional financial aid such as grants, loans, scholarships, etc., visit the Financial Aid Office at Crown College.

Career Services

Whether you continue your military service or move into a new career, Crown College Career Services offers resources to help you succeed on your journey. You’ll find tools to assist you with resumes, interviews, job banks, and military-specific opportunities.  Feel free to contact the Career Services office with any questions you may have.


For a list of commonly asked questions, visit our Military FAQ section.