Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty
You may be eligible for these benefits if:
- You entered active duty for the first time after June 30, 1985
- You had your military pay reduced by $100 a month for the first 12 months
- You served honorably for at least two years
Please complete and submit the appropriate forms below (originals or copies) to the Registrar's Office at Crown College.
If you have never applied for benefits, submit:
- Application for VA Benefits (22-1990)
- Discharge from Active Duty (DD214)
- Request for Enrollment Certification (PDF)
If you have previously used your benefits at a different institution or have not attended Crown for one year or longer, submit:
If you received VA benefits within the past year at Crown College, submit:
Education Benefit Information
The Montgomery GI Bill provides a personal stipend of up to $1,564 per month for up to 36 months of education for full-time students. Payment amounts are reduced proportionately for part-time status. Visit the VA website for more information about current rates.
Veterans generally have up to 10 years to use their benefits although certain circumstances may shorten or lengthen the time limit.