Dennis Ingolfsland, D. Phil.
Director of Library Services / Professor of Bible
Department: Biblical, Theological & Ministry Studies
Bachelor of Arts in Bible/Theology and Biblical Languages, Calvary Bible College
Master of Arts in Library Science, University of Missouri in Columbia
Master of Arts in Theological Studies, Fuller Theological Seminary
Doctor of Philosophy in Religion and Society, Oxford Graduate School
Pastor of Valley View Baptist Church in Shakopee, MN
Evangelical Theological Society
Association of Christian Librarians
New Testament History; Jesus and the Gospels; Jesus and Apologetics
How Your Program Is Unique Here:
I would be among the Bible teachers who are not just trying to instruct the head, but attempting to move the heart.
From A Career Standpoint, What Students Will Be Prepared To Do With A Degree From Your Program:
A knowledge of God’s Word and a passion for Christ should help to prepare dedicated Christian men and women for any profession they enter.
I came to Christ as my lord and savior when I was 10 years old while attending a Bible camp in Avon, Mont. I was later baptized in a C&MA (CMA) church in Burlington, Wash.
Favorite Bible Verse and Why:
“Blessed are you, O LORD God of Israel our father, forever and ever. Yours, O LORD is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all. Both riches and honor come from you, and you rule over all. In your hand are power and might, and in your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all. And now we thank you, our God, and praise your glorious name.” – 1 Chronicles 28:10b-13
This is one of my favorite passages because it expresses the praise of my heart.
I served in the United States Air Force as a “crew chief” and air crew debriefer on the C-5 Galaxy (one of the world’s largest planes). Before that, I was a farm hand and milked cows for a large dairy farm.
What You Enjoy Most About Teaching at Crown:
The opportunity to affect the next generation of students with a passion for Jesus.
How You Define “Academic Excellence”:
Academic excellence involves teaching a lot of information and helping students sort through, analyze, synthesize, critically evaluate and deeply meditate on some of that information. Academic excellence gives students a sense of how much they really don’t know, and a thirst to know more. It motivates students to apply what they’ve learned to their lives. It changes them.
What You Would Say to Parents of Prospective Students About Having Their Son/Daughter at Crown:
Crown is not just a “Christian-in-name-only” college. Crown professors are not just experts in their field who also happen to be Christians. They are dedicated followers of Christ who are also experts in their field.
- I Pledge Allegiance to the King; A New Testament Theology of the Christian Life. GlobalEdAdvance Press, 2013. Print.
- Will the Real Jesus Please Stand Up. GlobalEdAdvance Press, 2014. Print.
- Clement of Rome; Salvation by Faith or Works? 2010. Kindle file.
- Jesus, Muhammad and Fundamentalism. 2010. Kindle file.
- The Third Quest for the Historical Jesus; A Bibliographic Guide. 2011. Kindle file.
- The Least of the Apostles: The Ministry and Letters of Paul in Chronological Order. GlobalEdAdvance Press, 2009. Print.
- “The Historical Jesus as a Test Case for Censorship in American Academic Libraries.” Diss. Oxford Graduate School, 1999.
- Over one hundred book reviews, professional conference papers and articles in such journals as the Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society, Trinity Journal, Bibliotheca Sacra, Princeton Theological Review, et al.