WARNING NOTE: Crown College does not screen employers who post positions on this site; however each ad is reviewed before it is posted. We seek to be diligent in verifying ads, but it is not possible to guarantee the certainty of any ad on this site. Beware of scams; do not ever send money to anyone, nor provide personal information such as a Social Security number. Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee.
- The positions at the top of the page have been sent directly to Crown College by employers who want to hire a Crown student or alumnus.
- The web site links at the bottom of the page are great places to search for summer or full-time jobs in great places.
Summer Job Search
[ e.g. Job Title or Location ]
Education / Childcare / Nanny
Business / Miscellaneous
Ministry / Camp / Church
- Ministry Leader/Hospitality Employee (Paid)
- DUTIES:Live at the base of Half Dome… hike the jagged peaks of the Tetons… splash through the waterfalls of the Blue Ridge… escape from another average summer and discover nature and God in a whole new way! ACMNP Ministry Teams lead interdenominational services of worship each summer in over 25 national park campgrounds and amphitheatres across America - everywhere from Yosemite, Glacier, Yellowstone, and the Grand Canyon to Denali, Alaska and Acadia, Maine. We bring Christian community to people often isolated from immediate contact with local churches, including millions of visitors and employees who come to enjoy God's great natural wonders each summer. Each Ministry Staff Member is employed full time by a private concessionaire in the park and works as a desk clerk, housekeeper, bellhop, store clerk, wait staff, or other job typical of seasonal employment. Room and board is provided with co-workers in park employee housing. Besides leading worship and earning a full time income, you will participate in informal relational and cross-cultural ministry among your co-workers (including many international students), develop your leadership skills, explore issues of faith and the environment, encourage others to explore the many wilderness opportunities at your doorstep, and have endless adventures in your free time!
- LOCATION: National Parks, USA
- DAYS/HOURS: 40hrs/week
- WAGE: minimum wage
- CONTACT: Mindy Spyker 303-220-2808
- ONLINE: www.acmnp.com
- PREFERRED CONTACT METHOD: Any
- Horn Creek Camp/Summer Ministry Team
- QUALIFICATIONS:We desire individuals who want to learn Christian hospitality and live in an intimate Christian community rather than individuals just looking for a job.
- DUTIES:The Horn Creek summer ministry team program is a 12 week experience for young adults (ages 18 – 24) who desire to be immersed in Christ-centered service, intentional discipleship, and intimate community. Summer ministry team members will be an integral part of our deep ministry environment we seek to create for all our guests that come through Horn Creek, and will also be ministered to by each other and by full time staff who are excited about pouring into the lives of young adults. Our unique setting in the Rocky Mountains provides endless opportunities to be inspired by God's creative beauty and to experience all the outdoors has to offer. Summer positions include: Lead Cook, Assistant Cook, Hospitality, Hospitality/Nursery, Hospitality/Host, Hospitality/Assistant Crew Chief, Recreation, Recreation/Wrangler, Recreation/Hike, Recreation/Life Guard, Maintenance/Grounds.
- LOCATION: Westcliffe, CO
- DAYS/HOURS: 40+ hrs/wk
- WAGE: $550/month
- CONTACT: Sara West 719-783-2205
- ONLINE: www.horncreek.org
- PREFERRED CONTACT METHOD: Apply_Online
Social Services / Health Care
- Summer Camp Counselor 2014
Category: Social Services / Health Care
- QUALIFICATIONS:Working with children and adults with special needs is often a very real challenge. Campers may need help with personal care including feeding, dressing, and bathroom needs. Some campers exhibit behavioral challenges. Patience, energy, good judgment and enthusiasm are important qualifications for a position at Camp Courageous. The hours are long. An unselfish attitude and an emphasis on teamwork are needed. Staff are expected to put the campers’ needs before their own. If you possess the necessary attributes, I invite you to apply for a position at Camp Courageous. Non-smokers please.
- DUTIES:Camp Courageous is a year-round recreational and respite care facility for individuals with disabilities. Campers with intellectual and physical disabilities, brain injuries, hearing or visual impairments, autism and other special needs are served. Volunteer positions, internships, and paid positions are available. Volunteers and Interns can receive an optional stipend of $25.00/week plus room and board, and a restricted medical plan. Paid counselors and activity specialists receive the best employment package around. Seasonal staff earn $385/week. Room and board are provided which include air-conditioned staff dormitories affording the staff separate living quarters from the campers. Staff share cabin duty on a rotating basis. Other benefits include a restricted medical plan for seasonal staff
- LOCATION: Monticello, Iowa
- DAYS/HOURS: Sunday-Friday
- WAGE: $385/week
- CONTACT: Jeanne Muellerleile 319-465-5916
- ONLINE: www.campcourageous.org
- PREFERRED CONTACT METHOD: Apply_Online
Web sites to search for a summer or full-time job
These are great sites to search for a summer job, or a part, or full-time job in great locations.
- Snag a Job: search by location, most positions are in retail.
- Christian and Secular camps: most of these camps have recruited Crown students for summer staff.
- Christian Camp and Conference Association: openings and a directory of Christian camps.
- International Christian Camps: look for International opportunities.
- A Christian Ministry in the National Parks: share Christ with camp visitors and staff in a beautiful setting.
- Youth Works: Minneapolis based ministry provides short-term mission experiences for youth.
- American Camp Association: search nationally for summer or year round jobs.
- Camp Staff: search nationally and apply to many camps at once.
- Cool Works: live and work where others only visit.
- Dude Ranch: search for dude ranch jobs.
- Fun jobs: you need to register with site, but it is free.
- Job Monkey: lots of great jobs (seasonal and full-time) in fun places.
- My Summer Camps: loaded with info about camps in US and international, Christian and secular. Not many jobs posted, use their directory to find camps, then go to the camps web site to find jobs.
- Adventure Jobs: outdoor and environmental jobs.
- Summer Jobs: summer jobs in the U.S.A. and abroad.