Accreditation and Affiliation
An Accredited Christian College
Crown College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a commission of the North Central Association (230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604).
Crown is also accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (One Dupont Circle NW, Suite 530, Washington, D.C. 20036-1120 phone: 202-887-6791). The nursing program is approved by the Minnesota Board of Nursing. Undergraduate teacher preparation programs leading to licensure for pre-primary, elementary, and secondary teaching are approved by the Minnesota Board of Teaching.
In addition, the College is chartered by the Minnesota Department of Education as a degree-granting institution. Veterans attending Crown College are eligible to use their veterans' education benefits. The College is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.
Crown College is registered as a private institution with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.
Crown College holds membership in a number of professional organizations of which the following are representative:
- American Association for Employment in Education
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO)
- Association of Christian Schools International
- Association of Christians in Student Development
- Association of Governing Boards (AGB)
- Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU)
- Council for Independent Colleges (CIC)
- Minnesota Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- Minnesota College and University Career Services Association
- Minnesota College and University Professional Association
- National Association of College and University Business Officers
- National Association of Colleges and Employers
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- North American Coalition for Christian Admissions Professionals (NACCAP)
- Upper Midwest Association of College Registrars and Admissions Officers
Any student interested in reviewing the documents of the College's accreditation and licensure should contact the Director of Financial Aid or the Vice President for Academic Affairs to set up a time for this review.