To apply see instructions at the end of each open position.
- .NET Programmer Analyst
The Programmer Analyst provides support for Crown College’s web presence and applications and infrastructure. Responsibilities include but are not limited to reviewing, designing, documenting, estimate work and programming to specification and guidelines. This position works closely with other team members to ensure both the IT strategic plan and Crown College’s strategic and mission goals are met.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Support, maintain and enhance existing core applications using C# and .NET with SQL back end data (applications use ASP.NET, Window User Controls as directed).
- Support and maintain existing websites and web applications, troubleshooting issues as they arise and recommending improvements.
- Participate in effort to design and build prototype for web versions of core products currently now using Windows Forms.
- Tests and documents new applications and changes, and trains new team members.
- Works with project owners and analysts during system design to determine needs and to plan solutions.
- Consistently provide the highest quality, telephone and desk side support services for faculty, staff, and students of our hardware and software applications.
- Answer the help desk line and provide second-tier support in conjunction with Student Technicians
- Provide first-tier technical support when the scope of work is beyond the Student Technicians
- Monitor, document, and improve help desk ticket resolution, workflow, and ticket assignment
- Interview, and assist with the hiring and reviews of Student Technicians
- Assist staff in evaluation and developing specifications of computer hardware and software
- Provide support for Security ID Cards for Faculty, Staff, and Students
- Maintain and support security software policies and procedures
- Implement changes to security protocols when required
- Recommend, construct or adopt, and maintain test equipment and supplies
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Fluency with common office software products, including the Microsoft Office suite
- Experience designing and developing websites and web applications.
- Object Oriented Programming
- Secondary knowledge of PHP and T-SQL.
- Experience with .NET and Windows Forms applications at some point in career.
- Overall looking for 1-5 years’ experience developing with Microsoft technologies with a later emphasis on web development.
- Experience with Microsoft tools & technologies, including Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, IIS, MSSQL Server.
- Knowledge of standards-based design, cross-browser design, usability and accessibility considerations, and web multimedia production.
- Completely on top of new web industry trends, technologies, and standards.
- Ready and able to research, recommend, and apply new solutions as they emerge.
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Can effectively handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and superior problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Be in agreement with the Crown College Statement of Faith and Community Covenant.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, related field or associated technical training
- 1 year full time experience in the IT field
- C#, PHP, T-SQL, Mobile applications
- Experience in a customer support role in Higher Education
Email (preferred) a cover letter and resume to
Or materials may be faxed or mailed to:
Director of Human Resources
8700 College View Dr
St. Bonifacius, MN 55375Category: Staff Positions