To apply see instructions at the end of each open position.
- Marketing Communication Manager
The Marketing Communications Manager has three broad areas of responsibility. These include Graphic Design, Project Management, and coordination of institutional website maintenance and updates. The position is primarily responsible for the development and production of Crown College marketing materials, publications, and e-marketing campaigns for the School of Arts and Sciences (traditional on campus program). The secondary function of this role is to facilitate workflow of marketing projects from inception to completion insuring each project moves through the pipeline and is finished on time and within budget. The third component of this position will involve serving as the institutional liaison with the school’s external website vendor on the ongoing development and oversight of our college’s website content. This position reports to the VP for Student Development and Enrollment/Marketing. This position supervises the work of a graduate assistant and a student videographer.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Facilitate the workflow of traditional and online marketing projects from inception to completion, insuring seamless flow and timely delivery within established budgetary guidelines.
- Assist in writing, editing and proofreading print and web content for programs in the School of Arts and Sciences.
- Work in collaboration with Academics, (which includes the Music and Theatre departments), Admissions, Advancement and Athletics for creative development of basic marketing projects and collateral materials.
- Supervise and assist student marketing staff in their respective roles providing communications regarding their projects, timelines, and resource needs.
- Manage and track institutional social media plans (including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).
- Oversee the internal production of collateral materials using departmental color copier and production equipment.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal clients by providing direction and counsel regarding projects.
- Serves as a primary point of coordination for requests of printed materials and website updates needed by other departments.
- Ensure that high-quality standards are applied to all marketing and production processes and projects, insuring consistency of College’s brand and message.
- Communicate with outside vendors to effectively produce projects by securing bids, clarifying specs and timetables, and processing payments.
- Website liaison – serve as institutional contact for assigned external vendors. Initiate and verify content changes made to the website. Work closely with website vendor regarding any content changes with SEO implications.
- Assist the school in developing a comprehensive video and photo library by cataloging and maintaining folders on the school’s network drives.
- Assist in managing the marketing budget through the completion of billing, processing, filing and updating budget reporting spreadsheets.
- Manage office functionality including office equipment, ordering of supplies, and record keeping/files and archives.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of web, printing, marketing and design.
- Strong self-starter and multi-tasker able to coordinate a large number of projects concurrently with minimal guidance in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience with design software, project management software, traditional and online marketing, web analytics tools, databases, and response-oriented writing.
- Proven ability to collaborate, build consensus and work effectively across departments.
- Ability to organize and analyze data, think creatively in order to develop sound recommendations and solutions to achieve strategic business goals.
- Ability to create spreadsheets, help establish campaign performance benchmarks and identify key competitive trends will be important.
- Keen understanding of marketing, sales and production techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communications with a flair for writing, editing and solid proofreading, spelling and grammar skills.
- Must be in agreement with the Crown College Statement of Faith and Community Covenant.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or equivalent
- Computer proficiency including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and project management tools required.
- 2-3 years of strong project management, time management, prioritization and administrative experience
- Experience in higher education marketing
- Basic design skills and applied knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Design experience within an internal advertising/creative department or an advertising agency
- Ability to manage complex, integrated creative projects
- Demonstrated success managing a high-volume of projects, meeting deadlines and budgets
- Capable of handling a wide range of issues with tact and diplomacy
Email (preferred) a cover letter and resume to
Or materials may be faxed or mailed to:
Director of Human Resources
8700 College View Dr
St. Bonifacius, MN 55375Category: Staff Positions