To apply see instructions at the end of each open position.
- Health Services Coordinator
Health Services Coordinator
20-25 hours per week
Hours:11:00am to 3:30pm (flexible), Monday to Friday, Occasional evening and weekend events
The Health Services Coordinator provides wellness and illness nursing care to campus students, employees and visitors in a walk-in setting according to professional nursing standards and college health policy. Going forward this is a 10 month position overlapping the academic year from mid-August to mid-May. This position reports to the Vice President of Student Development.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Manages the campus Health Services budget.
- Reviews student health records annually for student compliance with state-mandated immunization and health information.
- Provides for routine health screening (blood pressure, weight, vision, hearing, glucose) for students and employees
- Performs nursing physical assessment of students, employees and visitors who present to the campus health office with acute and chronic illnesses and injuries
- Documents physical assessment findings according to professional nursing standards.
- Provides preventative and restorative health teaching to students and employees.
- Refers students, employees and visitors to additional or other campus services and local medical clinics.
- Responds to medical emergencies on campus.
- Provides first-aid supplies, over-the-counter medications and durable medical equipment to students, employees and visitors.
- Keeps records of numbers and types of employee and student visits to health office.
- Arranges annual influenza vaccine clinic for employees and students.
- Provides annual OSHA blood borne pathogen education to at-risk employees.
- Chairs and/or participates on the campus Wellness, Safety and Meal Plan Exemption Committees.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Organize a clinic and manage time effectively
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to perform physical assessment
- Ability to formulate nursing diagnoses
- Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate nursing care
- Ability to document nursing care
- Ability to collaborate with campus employees, local healthcare providers, EMS and local and state healthcare governing agencies
- Professional Nursing Standards of Practice
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Regulations
- Agreement with the Crown College Statement of Faith and Community Covenant
- Current unrestricted Minnesota nursing license
- Current CPR certification
- BSN degree or BAN Degree
- Public Health Nurse certification (PHN)
- School nursing experience and/or Licensed School Nurse credential
- Occupational health nursing experience and certification
- Healthcare provider BLS certification
Email (preferred) cover letter and resume to:Category: Staff Positions
- Graduate Assistant, Discipleship Ministry Leader (DML)
Start August 1, 2015
The DML oversees the campus-wide efforts to disciple School of Arts and Sciences (SAS) students by developing mentoring opportunities and relationships. The DML reports to the Campus Chaplain. This position requires enrollment in one of the Master's programs offered at the college. Enrollment is tuition free. The position is 25 hours per week/12 months per year.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Organize student ministry activities to foster spiritual growth (ie. small groups, retreats)
- Recruit, train, and assign mentors to students. Assist students in finding a personal disciple/mentor
- Expand and recruit mentors from off campus networks (ie. Churches)
- Disciple/Mentor students as schedule permits
- Participate in staff and team meetings
- Recruit, train, and advise Discipleship Coordinator & Prayer Coordinator and their teams
- Ability to interact with multiple campus groups, including students, faculty, staff and administrators
- Self-starter, initiator, team-player
- Be in agreement with the Crown College Statement of Faith and Community Covenant.
- Bachelor’s degree in Ministry related field
- 2+ years in college student ministries
- College experience in a like-minded Christian college or university
- Knowledge of discipleship/mentoring programs & curriculum
- Knowledge of Emerging Adult culture
- Heart for ministry with college students
Email a cover letter and resume toCategory: Staff Positions