Candidates should have a mature Christian faith which is the catalyst for their academic engagement; be competent teachers, knowledgeable in their field; be willing to contribute to the vitality of a Christian academic community; be people of good character and virtue, who are willing to invest themselves in the development of their students.
To apply see instructions at the end of each open position.
- Adjunct, School of Online Studies and Graduate School
Category: Faculty Positions
- Nursing Faculty (tenure track)
Start: July 1, 2013
This is a full time faculty position to teach courses in the pre-licensure (BSN-P)undergraduate program. Faculty rank will be determined by experience and qualifications. Teaching responsibilities are assigned by the Nursing Department chair.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Teach up to 12 credit hours per fall and spring semester.
- Evidence of knowledge and skills related to current teaching methodologies, curriculum development and evaluation.
- Plan and provide theoretical instruction and clinical or laboratory experiences that reflect an understanding of the philosophy, objectives, and curriculum of Crown College Nursing Program.
- Evaluate student achievement of curricular objectives/outcomes related to nursing knowledge and practice.
- Administrative time for classroom, laboratory and clinical preparation.
- Participate in strategic planning and vision for the Nursing Department.
- Participation in international/local missions’ activities will be considered.
- General faculty responsibilities that include participation in Nursing Department meetings, providing academic advising and guidance of students, college committee assignments and scheduling 10 hours of office hours per week for student availability.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive energy regarding professional education.
- Established ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Demonstrates excellent spoken, written and electronic communication skills.
- Skill in integrating the practice of nursing with the evangelical worldview.
- Be in agreement with the Crown College Statement of Faith and Community Covenant.
- Licensure to practice nursing in the state of Minnesota (must be active and in good standing).
- Master’s Degree in Nursing.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR Certification.
- 2 years of recent professional nursing clinical experience.
- 2 years of teaching experience in a nursing program or equivalent.
- Doctorate in Nursing or related field.
- 5+ years of teaching experience in a nursing program or equivalent.
Email letter of interest, CV and contact information for three professional references toCategory: Faculty Positions