Candidates should have a mature Christian faith which is the catalyst for their academic engagement; be competent teachers, knowledgeable in their field; be willing to contribute to the vitality of a Christian academic community; be people of good character and virtue, who are willing to invest themselves in the development of their students.
To apply see instructions at the end of each open position.
- Adjunct, School of Online Studies and Graduate School
Category: Faculty Positions
- Exercise Science Faculty
Full-time, Tenure Track
Start: July 1, 2015
Crown College is seeking applicants for a full-time, on campus, Exercise Science faculty position. Faculty rank determined on experience and qualifications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Teach up to 12 credit hours per fall and spring semester, including but not limited to didactic and clinical Athletic Training classes.
- Evidence of knowledge and skills related to current teaching methodologies, curriculum development and evaluation.
- Demonstrate mastery and scholarship in an appropriate professional field
- Plan and provide theoretical instruction and experiences that reflect an understanding of the philosophy, objectives, and curriculum of the Math and Science Department.
- Participation in multiple and subjective written evaluations of one’s instructional behaviors.
- Promptly evaluate student work and achievement of curricular objectives/outcomes related to coursework.
- Participate in strategic planning and vision for the Math and Science Department.
- General faculty responsibilities that include, participation in department meetings, provide academic advising and guidance of students, college committee assignments, 10 hours of office hours per week for student availability.
- Master's degree in Exercise Science or Physiology, Kinesiology, Health and Fitness or related field
- Demonstrated teaching effectiveness
- Experience using computer technology in the teaching/learning process
- Demonstrated curricular designing
- ACSM and/or NSCA certification(s)
- Exercise science lab experience a plus
- Doctoral degree in Exercise Science or Physiology, Kinesiology, Health and Fitness or related field
- Familiarity and/or experience accreditation, standards and guidelines
- Experience coordinating student Clinical Education
- Experience advising
- Active participation in professional organizations
Applicants should submit a letter of interest and curriculum vitae to .
The position is open until filled.Category: Faculty Positions